Trusted Contributor

Re: More terrible weekend programming, Sat., May 3rd and Sun., May 4th....horribly boring !

I rarely watch the Q shows, other than the VPH shows, Jill's home show and I do watch Vitamix because I manage to get great tips from it. Oh, I do like David's In The Kitchen shows too. My favorite shows were Lee Sands and I will miss him. It was fun to watch Kirk's Folly back in the old days with the sets too.

I have more fun coming to this community than I do watching QVC though.

My MIL tapes and watches all of SG's shows. I will watch George S. shows too because I usually buy something from his shows for her.

Super Contributor

Re: More terrible weekend programming, Sat., May 3rd and Sun., May 4th....horribly boring !

Well, looks like I'll be doing some yard work on Sunday for sure.

Honored Contributor

Susan! Susan! Susan!

Honored Contributor

On 5/2/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 5/2/2014 stevieb said:

I guess because some don't view it as entertainment... and can't fathom why it matters... then that of course means that everyone must necessarily view it the same way... Unfortunately it doesn't work that way... QVC isn't a big part of my day to day life either, but I certainly get it that it's become stale and boring...

Fine, it's stale and boring, it's not earth shattering life altering and potentially actually beneficial! Save money and get out!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about Q, even those with whom you disagree.

Honored Contributor

On 5/2/2014 MargieRJ said:

Well, looks like I'll be doing some yard work on Sunday for sure.

I've been putting off moving the living room furniture around for a while now, but even THAT has more appeal than another of QVC's Sunday line-ups...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

In reply to Frannie (I'm one, too!) asking what would you like to see, I'm glad you asked that question because I've been thinking that every time there are gripes about the programing schedule. So…..what I would like to see are: Tiffany lamp shows (where the heck did they go??) Quilt/bedspread shows; more programs with home furniture (and not At Home with Jill shows)..brand names that viewers will know; and lastly products for the yard/garden like birdhouses, outdoor canvas art, etc.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I don't mean to come off condescending. I hope I didn't. I realize that watching certain tv shows is very important to some people, just like reading is important to me.

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/2/2014 tdog said:
On 5/2/2014 banjo said:

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here, warm and sunny, so I'll be outside most of the time enjoyng the day. Some of you sound like you have no life other than watching QVC. If something is on that you are not interested in, turn the TV off, and find something else to do or turn the channel.

I find these kinds of posts very condescending. Maybe the OP enjoys watching a little Q on the weekends. Does that mean she has no life, no hobbies, doesn't enjoy the outdoors, has no friends? Such an insulting comment. The Q's programming is horrendous almost every weekend so she vented about it. And the change the channel comments are just downright obtuse.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

tdog, well you certainly took the bait ! Do you feel justified now ?

Everyone, except you obviously, knows that I was just kicking around QVC, like many others do weekly, about the stale and boring weekend shows that they never change. It's a big joke !

Trust me dahhhhhling, I have many more important things to do than watch the Q, even during weekdays. I usually just go online to get what I want, but I often keep it on when I am working on my computer.

But we do love to give the Q a hard time, and posts like mine do bring comments like yours out of the woodwork. Seems you guys just have to tell us off to make your day ! We don't mind, we always find you.

Normally it's "you can always change the channel" or "you can turn off the TV", or "why don't you do something else, nobody is forcing you to watch it" and always "get a life", etc. and other intelligent comebacks! You tickle us pink!

Thanks for being so predictable ! But you don't have to respond, we know why we do it !

All in a day's fun !

Have a great life, and don't be so harsh on people, makes you so terse and grumpy...life is short, have a little fun !

Enjoy your week ! Smile

Honored Contributor

You forgot to add, 'read a book', 'volunteer', or just plain 'get a life' and yes, all those predictable responses are for the birds. You did, however, seem to mis-direct your last post, hope-Q. It reads to me as though "tdog" was defending your point of view to "banjo"...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 stevieb said:

You forgot to add, 'read a book', 'volunteer', or just plain 'get a life' and yes, all those predictable responses are for the birds. You did, however, seem to mis-direct your last post, hope-Q. It reads to me as though "tdog" was defending your point of view to "banjo"...

I guess you think your opinion matters, but no one else's does???