Respected Contributor

Re: More terrible weekend programming, Sat., May 3rd and Sun., May 4th....horribly boring !

So go out & play & forget about tv. Nobody's forcing you to watch, are they?

Super Contributor

Re: More terrible weekend programming, Sat., May 3rd and Sun., May 4th....horribly boring !

I've got some good stuff recorded, I'm 2/3 through a book that is quite compelling, there are several movies I want to catch, and oh, yeah, I like having conversations with that cute guy I married 40 years ago. (We're still married and he's still cute!) So, QVC, HSN, ShopHQ, etc. don't bother me too much unless there's a specific little something I want to keep an eye on. Then I'll most likely record it because I'm notoriously bad at remembering when things are on. Last weekend of SHopHQ was a bath and body set I was interested in getting and I managed to hit at the right time and got it. Now this weekend I'm taking pretty smelling baths with it. I also got that Sofia perfume from HSN but my better have to holding it back from me so he can give for our anniversary. (He has a surprise - It's our 40th - he's not getting off that cheap {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 tdog said:
On 5/2/2014 banjo said:

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here, warm and sunny, so I'll be outside most of the time enjoyng the day. Some of you sound like you have no life other than watching QVC. If something is on that you are not interested in, turn the TV off, and find something else to do or turn the channel.

I find these kinds of posts very condescending. Maybe the OP enjoys watching a little Q on the weekends. Does that mean she has no life, no hobbies, doesn't enjoy the outdoors, has no friends? Such an insulting comment. The Q's programming is horrendous almost every weekend so she vented about it. And the change the channel comments are just downright obtuse.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I don't watch QVC for entertainment purposes and really can't comprehend people who do. Doesn't matter to me what they show or when, if it's something I might be interested in I might tune in or I might just look it up here on the .com QVC could have the most interesting and all new presentations all weekend long and I STILL wouldn't make plans around the QVC programming.

Respected Contributor

On 5/2/2014 tdog said:
On 5/2/2014 banjo said:

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here, warm and sunny, so I'll be outside most of the time enjoyng the day. Some of you sound like you have no life other than watching QVC. If something is on that you are not interested in, turn the TV off, and find something else to do or turn the channel.

I find these kinds of posts very condescending. Maybe the OP enjoys watching a little Q on the weekends. Does that mean she has no life, no hobbies, doesn't enjoy the outdoors, has no friends? Such an insulting comment. The Q's programming is horrendous almost every weekend so she vented about it. And the change the channel comments are just downright obtuse.

Well, I'd guess that many of us that you consider "condescending" simply cannot fathom how QVC programming could be such a significant part of anyone's life to warrant being upset about it! To get the Q on your TV you have to have at least basic cable. To post here, obviously requires having a computer. That certainly provides plenty of entertainment options besides QVC.

Honored Contributor

I guess because some don't view it as entertainment... and can't fathom why it matters... then that of course means that everyone must necessarily view it the same way... Unfortunately it doesn't work that way... QVC isn't a big part of my day to day life either, but I certainly get it that it's become stale and boring...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 tdog said:
On 5/2/2014 banjo said:

You have your opinion, I have mine!

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy shopping, but I don't spend my time in venues that don't offer stores and merchandise that interest me. There's a big mall like that just a few miles from my home. It used to be "hot", and I and everyone I know shopped there often. Now the mix has changed, and I haven't darkened their doors in a couple of years. QVC is going the same route. Less and less to draw me in. If you like it, fine......but it's not for me.

Respected Contributor

On 5/2/2014 stevieb said:

I guess because some don't view it as entertainment... and can't fathom why it matters... then that of course means that everyone must necessarily view it the same way... Unfortunately it doesn't work that way... QVC isn't a big part of my day to day life either, but I certainly get it that it's become stale and boring...

Fine, it's stale and boring, it's not earth shattering life altering and potentially actually beneficial! Save money and get out!

Honored Contributor

On 5/2/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 5/2/2014 stevieb said:

Fine, it's stale and boring, it's not earth shattering life altering and potentially actually beneficial! Save money and get out!

No, of course you're right, it's not. Not much discussed on these boards is and yet we still discuss it, and discussion implies different points of view.

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...