Frequent Contributor

Why is it some hosts think it is okay to open a show chatting with their guest without acknowledging the viewing audience or even introducing themselves?  I guess they assume they are soooooo well known that it is no longer necessary?   Can't imagine how that must look to a first time QVC viewer.   Professionalism is ALWAYS necessary people....but hey....."the first item up is only fourty "bucks"...... and "I haven't seen these for evs"......."since before my vacay".........OY VEY.......HOW OLD ARE YOU?  Fourty something?  Really?  Honey, you are not all that!  Monday night channel change......

Valued Contributor

Re: Monday Night Channel Change

Not much else I can say except I agree.

When a show opens and the host isn't looking at the camera to greet/"welcome" the viewing audience and make them feel "at home" (since this is Q's line, not mine!), then I believe there is a disconnect.

I, too, wonder what first time viewers think.  Personally, I don't like it and if the host can't be bothered with me, then I can't be bothered with them.  So changing the channel and not buying is my best option!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried the new Monday lineup a few times. I didn't like it, so I'm no longer a regular Monday night viewer or shopper. Each to their own, but to me, it's just all around terrible from start to finish.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I so agree. I no longer watch Monday night.
I will watch Amy on inspired style, but after that, off it goes.

I suppose there are just so many who love Shawn, but her entrance last night on PM style just pushed me over the edge. I'm so done...

That's how we roll in the shire..
Trusted Contributor

I agree.  But I guess they are having fun, to us its not so fun with the prices as they are.

INSPIRED STYLE........I am so trying to watch, she is cute enough, but I dont know if anyone has noticed....pronunciation of words while everyone is watching is KEY !

THE WORD IS .......CALLED......NOT CAUUUD.  I wanna scream everytime she says it.

DO THE HOSTS WATCH BACK THEIR PRESENTATIONS AFTER ?

CLEARLY NOOOOOO, AS THEY WOULD MAKE GRAMMAR CORRECTIONS, PRONUNCIATION CORRECTIONS, AND APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR CORRECTIONS.

I normally do not say anything on this site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but come on....

Respected Contributor

Same for me. I watched a rerun of a show I had already seen earlier this year as opposed to watching the Monday fashion lineup.

I like IM's fashions but not enough to put up with all the silliness.  I like fun as much as anyone but this is a shopping channel!!!  Show and tell about the product!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I tried the new Monday lineup a few times. I didn't like it, so I'm no longer a regular Monday night viewer or shopper. Each to their own, but to me, it's just all around terrible from start to finish.

Same with me.......My time is now spent watching things I DVR'd.....

Esteemed Contributor

QVC on Monday night is scratched off my viewing schedule.  I no longer watch entire shows, but I do flip thru to the Q channel during other channel breaks.  Monday night shows are repetitive, boring and more boring.  Who needs "permission to play" - silliest phrase ever!!  Who cares what the host/vendor did last week? Who cares what the host/vendor ate last night?  Who cares about their latest trip?  This channel is turning into an "entertainment" channel and forgoing any real information related to selling products.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind a little fun and games, it keeps things light and interesting but when the host won't even address the viewing audience when she first comes on, its rather rude.  I think some think of it as their play time and we are just along for the ride.  Honestly, since Lisa left, Monday nights don't even entice me any longer.  Granted, I didn't watch every Monday when Lisa was on but I did tune in occassionally and she was much more professional in her presentations and she managed to engage the viewers too. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

I don't mind a little fun and games, it keeps things light and interesting but when the host won't even address the viewing audience when she first comes on, its rather rude.  I think some think of it as their play time and we are just along for the ride.  Honestly, since Lisa left, Monday nights don't even entice me any longer.  Granted, I didn't watch every Monday when Lisa was on but I did tune in occassionally and she was much more professional in her presentations and she managed to engage the viewers too. 

I tend to agree...  First, they aren't keeping things interesting, and yes, Lisa was able engage a significant audience, keep it light but still keep it going.  If they aren't missing her yet, they should be.

Amy is just unwatchable (to me), I have no interest in Logo fashions at all, a little bit of Shawn with Issac goes a long way and PM Style is just not what it used to be.  It needed a bit of tweaking, particularly with respect to the merchandise, but this is so not what it needed.

As for them striving to ramp up the 'entertainment' factor, it isn't working.  The current crop of hosts and shows aren't very entertaining.  I guess they have to try, though, because the repetitive and boring product mix is sure not going to keep some of us tuning in forever.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...