Valued Contributor

Re: MY MAIN COMPLAINT ABOUT SHIPPING IS EVERY ITEM IN SEPARATE CONTAINER

Evine and HSN both ship most, if not all, items in a box together.  And, are often quicker in their processing.

Personallly, I think the packaging style and method of QVC shipping (separate packages) is not appealing or convenient to the consumer.  It is very 'cheap looking' - not the best advertisement.  

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Once again, we have complaints about QVC by people who have no idea about how its warehouses re set up or how logistics work.

First, this complain assumes that you have an individual order picker picking all of your purchases at once.  It assumes all items come from the same location within the same warehouse.  This simply does not take into account how most warehouses are set up.

While you may be ordering five of a particular item (in different colors or sizes), the individual pieces may be coming from different areas withi one warehouse or from different warehouses altogether.  It is simply quicker and more efficient to packge the items separately for shipping.  To pack them all in one container would require more labor and ultimately raise shipping prices.

@KYToby  Evine on the other hand, seems to find it most efficient to ship everything in one package.  You buy 3 rings, at the ridiculous rate of $6.99 each for shipping, you're paying about $21. for one envelope, not even a box, of merchandise.  I don't care how warehouses work, that's highway robbery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I'm not wild about shipping charge structure either, BUT my main squeek with QVC is NOT combining items into one box.  I ordered 5 knit 3/4 sleeved little dresses: three to wear around the house, 2 black ones to wear out for errands or a casual dinner.  They came in FIVE STUPID BAGS.  All dumped in a LOVELY pile at my door.  AND the bags were filthy.

ONE nice medium sized box would have held them all.  I don't know any other retailer that does this for same time, multiple items--well Amazon if from different sources-- and I shop a lot from online stores.  Now what is that all about?  Why is their shipping so impaired they can't do this? Or is it just to make money off shipping, 'ya think?  Woman Frustrated

While I'm generally a Q cheerleader I agree.   I've had multiple orders shipped by both UPS and USPS.  It doesn't seem very cost effective.  

I know people complain about shipping costs, but I can't return ship for the cost I get it if I choose that route.

Amazon ships stuff in boxes that are about 10-20 times too large, which also seems wasteful.  Then they'll turn around and send something breakable in a manilla envelope.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I bought 2 sets of the lovely little ceramic Christmas Tree miniatures when they were TSVs, 2 separate shipping numbers, received ONE BOX, charged TEN DOLLARS for shipping! 

VERY EXCESSIVE, and NOT a good way to treat loyal customers!

Honored Contributor

If their warehouse isn't set up for combining shipping, they should do something about that.  And yes, the packaging is poor as someone mentioned.  I never get something in a shipping bag from Talbots that is FILTHY on the outside like the QVC ones.  They are so often dirty and sometimes torn up.  They must get shipped some other way.  Like on the cattle truck or something!  LOL!!!

I've thought about this before, but the other day when the five filthy bags were scattered by my front door, I thought this is NO way to ship something people are supposed to wear. Big old filthy chewed up bags are NOT appealing.  Then if you have to ship something back, you have to turn the bag inside out because you can't get the label off and ship the clothing (yes, in it's little bag) back in that filthy bag. 

EVEN if I have to pay for each item, I am fed up with getting them in that oversized nasty bag.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I'm not wild about shipping charge structure either, BUT my main squeek with QVC is NOT combining items into one box.  I ordered 5 knit 3/4 sleeved little dresses: three to wear around the house, 2 black ones to wear out for errands or a casual dinner.  They came in FIVE STUPID BAGS.  All dumped in a LOVELY pile at my door.  AND the bags were filthy.

ONE nice medium sized box would have held them all.  I don't know any other retailer that does this for same time, multiple items--well Amazon if from different sources-- and I shop a lot from online stores.  Now what is that all about?  Why is their shipping so impaired they can't do this? Or is it just to make money off shipping, 'ya think?  Woman Frustrated

Absolutely....

Contributor

EvineLive ships multi items in one package or box.  Much better than many different packages.  Easier to hide from the hubby!  And yes, the bags do come pretty filthy I must agree.  I think UPS drivers must step on them as they are loading/unloading packages!

Contributor

When I'm shipping something  back in one of the filthy bags (and some of them are pretty bad) I just cover the label with brown packing tape.  That way, you don't have to turn the bag inside out and put your returns inside the dirty part.