Trusted Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein clothing

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm amused by both comments constantly being made:  "I never see anyone in my city wearing LOGO" and "Everyone looks terrible in LOGO."  ROTLFMAO

@As for the former statement, I don't give a hoot (sorry @Hooty) what other people wear.  I'm an individual - I wear what I like.  And I like not to look like everyone else who shops at Macy's.  I have enough self-esteem to want to wear what I like.  And the more people who are wearing the same things I wear, the more I'll drift toward something else.   I am true to myself  and my own style and individuality, and I don't care what other people look like.

@I agree with you @Pearlee that it makes no difference to me what clothes other people in my area are wearing. Here in the SF Bay Area people wear all different kinds of clothing. I've seen it all and I love all the individuality.

I wear what suits my body type and personality. I happen to like LOGO styles that are less ornate...and contrary to common belief there are plenty of them available. Not all LOGO is the same. It's wonderful that there are brands and styles to suit everone's taste. I enjoy having choices.

Edited to separate my response from Pearley's post by adding a line.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Occasional Contributor

Don't understand the whole LOGO line.  It will never be classic nor feminine.  Too "clown-like" for my taste.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein clothing

[ Edited ]

All QVC clothing lines have jumped in price on both old and new stock, with a few exceptions. I have belatedly found the D&C original waist pants in the tall. I never bought them because the regular inseam is too short. The price is very reasonable and competitive with Macy's and other dept stores, and I can't buy casual pants there anyway because their regular inseams are too short or the selection is limited. I am thrilled to find pants that don't shrink or look like foolish high waters. There are still some bargains, but I agree that the days of tops for $23.99 are long gone. As for LOGO, the prices are high, but maybe those who buy it feel the quality is worth it. I don't begrudge anyone their hour of fashion; there's something for most of us to enjoy within the many lines sold.

Valued Contributor

One of the models last night looked so silly. She had several layers on that were in deep dark colors, then this white looking rag was hanging down which appeared to be her "foundation". It was really ghastly and these "designers" know when something looks awful they have to know, so why do they do this?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

Super Contributor
I fell into the trap and tried Logo what a mistake that horrible material she and Amy rave about rayon span pill very bad around the underarm and bust where your arms rub against the sides of the body In addition the layers look ridiculous I am 5'4 135 pounds with a med frame on top my logo cotton bl. Cardi looks like it is ten years old it is a raggy mess cost 70 $ nothing g in the logo line looks couture or polished I will warn to stay clear fabrication is not lux or quality IMO
Super Contributor
On the other hand H by Halston is awesome and the quality is fabulous his line runs a bit big where as Logo runs small I own several Halston purchases and these are so well executed from the faux suede leggings to the silk cashmere turtleneck H by Halston sweaters are beautiful and elegant and they drape nicely over the hips and bottom
Super Contributor
Yes to each his or her own this forum is to offer our experience to help other consumers with shopping for purchasing online over the phone and to let them know how garments washed after the pieces were worn
Honored Contributor

@Fashionistasincebirth wrote:
Yes to each his or her own this forum is to offer our experience to help other consumers with shopping for purchasing online over the phone and to let them know how garments washed after the pieces were worn

@Grace6663582  I agree, but there are rude and insulting ways of offering opinions and not rude and insulting ways.  I wonder how much you'd like it if people trashed the Halston line using the types of descriptions some posters here use for LOGO?  There are civil ways to offer opinions and nasty ways.  Do keep that in mind.

Occasional Contributor

I agree.... LOGO clothing always seems to be priced about $20 more than I expect it to be.  I can't justify paying $50 for a tank top, only to cover up all but the bottom four inches.   These super light knit fabrics show every lump and bump, so in addition to LOGO's layers I have to add a layer of Spanx.  

Lori seems to design for those who have broad shoulders and narrow hips.  I wish QVC would offer a clothing line for thos of us who have the opposite situation!  Just because LOGO's voluminous tops fit, doesn't mean that they flatter.  There's a huge difference.