Honored Contributor

Yeah,but the nails look so bad. Sorta like the polish is just slapped on.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@bestday wrote:

Watching some food shows today (boring) & wondering why so many young women's mothers didn't teach them to put that long, straggly hair up around food. I have seen it practically touch the food. Mostly vendors are the culprits, but sometimes hosts.

Personally, speaking of long hair, everyone doesn't look good in long, hanging down hairstyles. Put it up or pull it back sometimes & for sure put it up around food. 

Not going to get started on long talons - I mean fingernails!

@bestday I get the feeling here you really have a thing about long hair.  So they look crummy and it is unsanitary.  Guess it is good they aren't running a restaurant huh? 

Esteemed Contributor

Food hygiene is more important when selling food than preparing it. Selling shoud show the hygiene care that has been taken here and in preparation.

It's disgusting to see long hair hanging all over the food when selling. Unattractive hands and nails squashing and playing with the food looks dirty.

What hosts display gives the impression care taken by the sellers.

Show respect for the food and the preparer.

Super Contributor

@Sooner FYI I currently have long hair, but always have it up or in a low pony tail. Would never dream of having it down & hovering over food.

I have actually seen, usually vendors, like one I saw a week or so ago whose hair, believe it or not, touched a plate of, I believe, muffins or sweet rolls.

I know a few years ago the cooking channels were said to receive complaints about chefs wearing rings and putting their hands in things like dough & meat loaf, etc.,but it never changed & today most still wear their rings.

I know some delis & grocery stores require bearded male employees to cover their whiskers so I don't think I am the only one that doesn't want hair or nails around my food.

A popular nationwide coffee shop does not allow long nails & nail polish. I wish fast food restaurants followed suit. A real turn off when someone hands you your order with 2 inch nails with designs.

Honored Contributor

@bestday wrote:

@Sooner FYI I currently have long hair, but always have it up or in a low pony tail. Would never dream of having it down & hovering over food.

I have actually seen, usually vendors, like one I saw a week or so ago whose hair, believe it or not, touched a plate of, I believe, muffins or sweet rolls.

I know a few years ago the cooking channels were said to receive complaints about chefs wearing rings and putting their hands in things like dough & meat loaf, etc.,but it never changed & today most still wear their rings.

I know some delis & grocery stores require bearded male employees to cover their whiskers so I don't think I am the only one that doesn't want hair or nails around my food.

A popular nationwide coffee shop does not allow long nails & nail polish. I wish fast food restaurants followed suit. A real turn off when someone hands you your order with 2 inch nails with designs.

@bestday But they are doing demonstrations of food.  They aren't selling it or feeding it to people.  It is a demonstration of a product so I simply don't get your connection.

It's like complaining about models wearing shoes with bathing suits because they aren't in the water

Super Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@bestday wrote:

@bestday But they are doing demonstrations of food.  They aren't selling it or feeding it to people.  It is a demonstration of a product so I simply don't get your connection.

It's like complaining about models wearing shoes with bathing suits because they aren't in the water

@Sooner wrote:

@bestday wrote:

OK we could go around this forever. Let's just say it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me & I don't believe I'm alone.

Respected Contributor

Yes, please be sanitary around food.  I think that's all the OP was asking for. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

Back in the day cigarettes were coffin nails.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Forums are forums, not a spelling competition. 

There's no reason to point out typos or quick typing errors when someone posts. IMO, that's just rude.

I only do that on rude posts.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes when I read about some posters' "delicate" natures around food, I'm surprised some haven't starved to death by now.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~