Esteemed Contributor

With all the gift programming these past weeks, I am really saving -- no temptations!  I have no interest in all the electronics, flashlights, food, etc. they have been selling.  I have stopped watching.  I have been out there Christmas shopping and realized what better deals are out there.  Thanks QVC, I may watch a lot less or even stop all together.

Respected Contributor
Spoiler
Same here. I used to have QVC on continuously thru the day. Now I can barely stand to watch/hear the hosts & some vendors. I am mostly only interested in fashion & it has gone thru the roof, so I can't justify spending that much!!!

Respected Contributor

*Rolls eyes*

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I remember the old Q with all the jewelry shows that I would watch while having Sunday morning coffee or on in the background while relaxing in the evening.  Every time I click on the Q now, I end up changing the channel, not interested in the same old items over and over.

Honored Contributor

You're not alone, OP. I've watched almost nothing and see no reason to start watching again. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I just walked through Nordstrom - first time in many months.  Amazingly uninteresting.

The jewelry department has almost nothing to sell -  the cases are nearly empty and some tables in the middle aisles were totally empty.  And instead of the good costume jewelry of past holidays  (and really almost always), there was lots of much cheaper trinkets.

Upstairs in the clothing department, way too muany of the offerings were pretty much the same as I saw months ago.    I didn't find anything tempting and left the store without buying.  I know it's Cyber Monday, but really -  I didn't see but one sale being rung up during the time I walked around.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I just walked through Nordstrom - first time in many months.  Amazingly uninteresting.

The jewelry department has almost nothing to sell -  the cases are nearly empty and some tables in the middle aisles were totally empty.  And instead of the good costume jewelry of past holidays  (and really almost always), there was lots of much cheaper trinkets.

Upstairs in the clothing department, way too muany of the offerings were pretty much the same as I saw months ago.    I didn't find anything tempting and left the store without buying.  I know it's Cyber Monday, but really -  I didn't see but one sale being rung up during the time I walked around.

It's interesting, given you haven't been in many months, that the clothing hasn't turned over. You'd think they'd have put out their winter things by now... I know they have at the several Nordstrom stores in my area... Personally, I've never been a big Norstrom fan, but I saw quite a bit of variety at one nearby store recently. My favorite department store is Bloomies and there was certainly no lack of variety there when I walked through last week. I also think, these days, smaller shops, like Anthropologie, offer a nice array of goods... No retailer is going to work for everyone, but I've done well locally. The offerings I've seen certainly beat blenders, ladders and poo pourri, anyway...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I've done the same thing.  Take a look, nope, nothing to see here and I move along.  I did watch some of evine and hsn over the long weekend.

heck even the new arrivals category online has little that interests me.  I realize that everyone is different and looking for different things but if QVC wants my $ they need to have a way to get me to stop and look.  The "gift show" stuff never draws me in because it is the same items they show all year w/o much pricing difference and most of those items are not things I would buy for gifts.

Honored Contributor

I haven't tuned into Q since the August gold day.  

I used to have Q on all the time, background noise.  They had unique products, quality gold jewelry, decent silver jewelry (though I'm allergic to it), and things you would not find in most local b&m stores.  Q is barely a shell of the quality network it used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

Increasingly, I have tuned out of all shopping channels.  Many years ago, it seemed more fun, entertaining and convenient.

Over time, the programming/hosts/selling have gotten more irritating than not, and I've "changed the channel." 

Now and then, I check in and find it's only gotten worse.

I flipped past Q the other day to find they were selling flashlights they've been selling for maybe ten years.  Then, on to HSN and they were screeching about buying a 5 box set of candy and "splitting it up into 5 or more gifts."

No thanks to both and much else of what they offer.

The thrill is definetly gone -- but I'm saving lots of money!