Trusted Contributor

Re: LR doing a meet and greet Tea on November 13

I only ever watched her Friday night Christmas shows during the holidays, so I don't know much about her.  I do know that she was very popular on the network and very polarizing in terms of people's opinions.  I sort of expected to see her hosting her own show on the Style network or hosting Entertainment Tonight.  I checked out her website and saw that she is designing some jewelry, which is nice, but after two years of being gone from QVC, I expected to see her doing something more high-profile and in front of the camera.  I kind of feel bad for her, as I imagine she had hopes of being a little further along and more established in her post-QVC career.  I'm interested to hear how the tea goes.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I only ever watched her Friday night Christmas shows during the holidays, so I don't know much about her.  I do know that she was very popular on the network and very polarizing in terms of people's opinions.  I sort of expected to see her hosting her own show on the Style network or hosting Entertainment Tonight.  I checked out her website and saw that she is designing some jewelry, which is nice, but after two years of being gone from QVC, I expected to see her doing something more high-profile and in front of the camera.  I kind of feel bad for her, as I imagine she had hopes of being a little further along and more established in her post-QVC career.  I'm interested to hear how the tea goes.

@RazorSharp- one correction, she doesn't design but travels to fairs and purchases in bulk and resells....

Super Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp- one correction, she doesn't design but travels to fairs and purchases in bulk and resells....

As can be evidenced by LR's video of her rapid inspection and selection of pieces of jewelry at a factory booth in Italy.  Not something I would select for a general market, but it is LR's business.  You would think she'd have learned something from being at QVC.  And then there was the leather and skull bracelet with other avant-garde pieces on her wrist, to what point, one can only guess.

Trusted Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

She selects them!! Much like dear Joan Rivers likely did!  I think it's wonderful!!

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

She selects them!! Much like dear Joan Rivers likely did!  I think it's wonderful!!

@JasoninBoston- I think Joan might have had a hand in design but I'm not really sure.  I wish her well but she is basically shopping.  

Respected Contributor

The tea should be so much fun.  I'm happy to say it is my father's 90th birthday so I will not be able to attend.  Any other day would have been great.  I am so anxious to hear about it though.

There was also some discussion about LR possibly having some leather bracelets to sell in the future.  Unfortunately, someone thinks they went out of style years ago (LOL).  I do wish people would check on things before the speak, expecially when they don't know what is going on.  Tiffany & Co. are still selling leather cord bracelets.  Now we all know they are still very much in style!

Super Contributor

T & Co. indeed has leather cord bracelets, but nothing in the way of knots and skulls.  If there is something like that in T & Co.'s collection I haven't seen it.  I am sure there will be reviews of LR's tea, but not holding my breath for anything useful.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember the white jumpsuit last week that she asked the tribes opinion ( btw not many in the tribe liked it) on while trying it on posing in the fitting room...It looks like she loved herself in it, because she's wearing it in Italy today...
Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I admired Joan rivers for her spark and how she persevered in life, despite tragedy. But her taste in jewelry was not always great and tended toward the gaudy and parvenu. Let's be honest! 

Super Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
Does anyone remember the white jumpsuit last week that she asked the tribes opinion ( btw not many in the tribe liked it) on while trying it on posing in the fitting room...It looks like she loved herself in it, because she's wearing it in Italy today...

Yes, and now many of those people LOVE it!!!  (Sheep...)