Honored Contributor

Re: Kate Summerville's tight skirt

On 4/23/2014 Remee said:
On 4/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/23/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 4/21/2014 Remee said:

Why even come here and say such a thing? It's your opinion, and why does anyone care? You are just trying to be mean and start a lot of negative remarks. A decent person would resist running to these forums and putting petty remarks like this here. How are you going to explain it to Him when He asks why you did this ?

If your life is so small that this is the best you can do with your time I will pray for you.

But first, please post a picture of yourself dressed nicely.

ROFLOL!! Perhaps you should have taken your own advice before you ran to the fashion forum and started a thread title "OMG What is Jane wearing?" and then went on to let everyone know that her outfit was a miss and you didn't like it.

I mean really????? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Good catch.

Hold on, friend. Read again what I did and didn't say:

I know her MIL makes most all of the dresses she wears for special events at the Q, and they do have that same pattern and style, seems she likes that kind of dress. But I really don't like that look with the black and red especially with the red straps showing through the black.

Sometimes she's a hit, and sometimes a miss. IMHO, this is a miss.

I stated that IMHO, I thought the dress was a miss. I did not say it was too tight, or anything such as she looked "pregnant" in it, which would be extremely obvious and rude. I didn't care for the black with the red, and I expected others to voice their opinions, which they did.

My comment wasn't out of line or incriminating.

I wouldn't be ashamed if He heard me voice my honest opinion. I didn't try to demean her in any way.

Don't try to make a bid deal out of something that wasn't.

If it's okay for you to start a thread gasping at what a host chose to wear, then you really don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to criticizing a poster who comments on a tight skirt. It's a distinction without a difference.

And I'm in no way defending negative posts about hosts or vendors or anyone else. It's just that if you choose to engage in that sort of thing, it does look hypocritical when you chastise others.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Remee said:
On 4/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/23/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 4/21/2014 Remee said:

Why even come here and say such a thing? It's your opinion, and why does anyone care? You are just trying to be mean and start a lot of negative remarks. A decent person would resist running to these forums and putting petty remarks like this here. How are you going to explain it to Him when He asks why you did this ?

If your life is so small that this is the best you can do with your time I will pray for you.

But first, please post a picture of yourself dressed nicely.

ROFLOL!! Perhaps you should have taken your own advice before you ran to the fashion forum and started a thread title "OMG What is Jane wearing?" and then went on to let everyone know that her outfit was a miss and you didn't like it.

I mean really????? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Good catch.

Hold on, friend. Read again what I did and didn't say:

I know her MIL makes most all of the dresses she wears for special events at the Q, and they do have that same pattern and style, seems she likes that kind of dress. But I really don't like that look with the black and red especially with the red straps showing through the black.

I stated that IMHO, I thought the dress was a miss. I did not say it was too tight, or anything such as she looked "pregnant" in it, which would be extremely obvious and rude. I didn't care for the black with the red, and I expected others to voice their opinions, which they did.

My comment wasn't out of line or incriminating.

I wouldn't be ashamed if He heard me voice my honest opinion. I didn't try to demean her in any way.

Don't try to make a bid deal out of something that wasn't.

Your exact thread title:

OMG.......what is Jane wearing tonight?

Followed by your post:

That was your opinion, just like the OP's about Kate. You stated above that a decent person would have resisted running to the boards and posting petty remarks but yet you did the same. Your remarks about Jane's dress were petty.

Not only that, but you didn't post a picture of yourself, nicely dressed, as you said the OP should.

I don't see the difference at all in what you posted about Jane and what the OP posted. Both were critiques of what someone was wearing. The only difference is the OP's title was pretty clear where your's was a teaser to draw people to read your opinion.

Frequent Contributor

Just a thought, but so many times "women" get a little J E A L O U S when another woman can and does dress to accentuate her curves. As soon as this happens, the other "women" start to critique, find fault, say it makes her "look fat", and start the endless barrage of comments. Why is it so important for so many to "find fault" with someone, and then be so happy when someone agrees with them, and they "huddle" together, and seem to "feed" off of each others negative comments ? I would almost bet that no one can give a LEGITIMATE reason why so called well adjusted ADULTS do this.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Matty6 said:
On 4/21/2014 Pook said:

To you it may not look flattering but that is what a lot of women wear and she looked great in it. Why go up to a size way to big for the style? Doesn't make sense to me. To many, your style of dress might not seem flattering either. Everyone has different tastes. Accept that neither you nor anyone else are in charge of how anyone chooses to dress. Times change, styles change but many posters refuse to live in today's world!!

Wow, did not know wearing the right size was not in fashion!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} She looked [KS ] ridiculous and uncomfortable in the get up she was wearing. JMHO

Hey Matty......... and unfortunately, it's just not just the Q.....it seems that is what is "on trend" everywhere these days...a local commercial for a college here has a young woman that wears a size 1, but her blouse is so sight it appears it makes it painful for her to speak...her clothes look awful and she's so tiny, so its not that she's overweight either, just bad fitting clothes........clothes that fit right should not be considered "old fashioned".

As for "it's the style"....like my mom would always say..."if someone jumped off a bridge does that mean you would too"...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Every generation gets criticized for their clothing styles. I remember the mini skirts and dresses of the 70's and how we got criticized for showing too much leg. Now with the longer tighter skirts and dresses which cover more than the styles of the 70's, the younger generation is still being criticized by the oldsters. Styles change and older people often stay locked in time. No one is making anyone wear what they don't like.

Respected Contributor

I have seen her other times with similar looks. I have thought she was pregnant.

She sometimes wears clothes that are too tight and unflattering.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Kate obviously never learned to fit the largest part of your body FIRST, and then if you're a not off-the-rack type girl, you need alterations. Kate can afford to have impeccable fitting clothing. Sausage tight clothing looks cheap and has the same effect on the person wearing it.

You can understand a teenager making mistakes, and tight is not a trend, but Kate is old enough, rich enough and in the beauty business long enough to know better.

I think it is done to make oneself look thinner, and it has the opposite effect.

Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 Pook said:

Every generation gets criticized for their clothing styles. I remember the mini skirts and dresses of the 70's and how we got criticized for showing too much leg. Now with the longer tighter skirts and dresses which cover more than the styles of the 70's, the younger generation is still being criticized by the oldsters. Styles change and older people often stay locked in time. No one is making anyone wear what they don't like.

This is about clothes that fit! Have you ever watched WHAT NOT TO WEAR......here is one of the rules from the show---from professional stylists!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/what-not-to-wear-stacy-london-style-tips_n_1541841.html

. Don't Wear What Doesn't Fit: "A pretty common sense tip but one that often get's forgotten about. Don't wear things that are oversized if you're trying to hide parts of our body and don't wear things that feel too tight once you've poured yourself into them. Clothes should be tailored and they shouldn’t be pulling anywhere. Regardless of body shape, there’s always a way to create a silhouette that’s flattering for you."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I saw the skirt and it was in no way too small - just one of the styles that is popular now and it was very flattering on her. A larger size would have been way to big as that is how it was designed to fit!! To some who are ultra conservative, it might seem too tight. Tight skirts like this were popular in past times too - just look at some of the old black and white movies.

It's all subjective anyway. What some might think is a great fit others would think is either too loose or too tight. Who is to say and dictate - surely not the so called self appointed stylists who push their lines and their styles to those who faithfully and blindly live by the "rules"!!!

The show "What not to Wear" was all based on those 2 so called by themselves experts and I never saw many great looks coming out of that show. Again some cannot dress themselves and rely on what is being spoon fed to them by shows such as this!! Maybe some of the stranger dressers looked improved but only because they dressed so bizarre to begin with. I also saw many similar form fitting dresses and skirts that were picked by those 2 anyway.

I bet if some of you would post pictures of how you dress there would be a lot to criticize by many!!!