Honored Contributor

Re: Just gave some feed back

@blondegirl25 wrote:
Has anyone forgotten what happened in 2020 when they terminated Antonella and several other hosts? The same exact thing that is happening now. It's a repeat all over again. Did they bring any of them back? NO! It's a business, and businesses have to make money. These show hosts are sales people, they aren't your friends. Their job is to sell and make money for QVC, which requires sales tactics of acting like they're your friends. Move on people, move on. .

Not quite @blondegirl25 

Stacy did come back as a vendor rep.

I think it is a good thing to write Corporate and let them know how you feel as long as it is written properly.

Won't change things, IMHO, but it is good to let a company know what your thoughts are.....IF it is not a foul and vengeful letter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I don't believe that the hosts have quotas.  My view.

I think that is just a long standing and frequently perpetuated Old Wives Tale dispensed here for eons.

Personally I don't buy it, but others surely do.  My take.

Maybe and maybe not @Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

However, if you ever watched the Apprentice...they did Q segments often.

It was a great look at the behind the scenes actions...

and they were DEF tracking sales.

They know exactly which hosts/vendors are NOT getting the sales...for whatever reason.

They showed them telling the host in the ear which color to promote etc.

They track everything.  So whether a host has a 'sales quota' or not, WE will never really know til someone writes a Tell All, LOL....but they sure know who is not brining in the sales!

**NOT saying this is the case with Dan or Carolyn....none of us know the reasons.

Contributor

I agree. I was never a big fan of Antonella and she did go downhill with time. They also terminated 3-4 other hosts at that time as well. Maybe Carolyn and Dan weren't hitting their numbers either, who knows. My main point is that it doesn't pay to bombard QVC"s higher powers because they won't bring these hosts back. They are going to do what they feel is best for the business regardless of the complaints.
Valued Contributor

@blondegirl25 wrote:
I agree. I was never a big fan of Antonella and she did go downhill with time. They also terminated 3-4 other hosts at that time as well. Maybe Carolyn and Dan weren't hitting their numbers either, who knows. My main point is that it doesn't pay to bombard QVC"s higher powers because they won't bring these hosts back. They are going to do what they feel is best for the business regardless of the complaints.

Are you aware that the Antonella was battling CANCER during the time you're saying she 'went downhill'?

Valued Contributor

@riley1  " Unfortunately, in the last few years she was on-air something changed. She was erratic, looked sloppy and wasn't doing a good job." .....Are you aware Antonella was battling cancer at this time?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

The Homeshoppingista Blog (Linda Moss)

The Primetimer Shopping Channels Forum

A lengthy discussion here, but it was eventually removed.

That's all I am aware of.

Thank you, I'll look.  I am aware of the thread on here that got POOFED, lol.

Edit:  I looked at your two suggestions and find nothing about her on either.

Esteemed Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@riley1  " Unfortunately, in the last few years she was on-air something changed. She was erratic, looked sloppy and wasn't doing a good job." .....Are you aware Antonella was battling cancer at this time?

No, she was not.  She diagnosed after her dismissal.  She documented it and everything that followed on youtube and facebook.

Contributor

Antonella had already been terminated from QVC before she was diagnosed with her health issues.
Valued Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

No, she was not.  She diagnosed after her dismissal.  She documented it and everything that followed on youtube and facebook.

You are right, I stand corrected.  But, she was undergoing health problems at the time, getting different testing done, pretty sure I remember one of her first videos saying that.

New Contributor

J T should be layed off also!