Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2014 Perkup said:

That's why I really like both Jill and Carolyn. Someone who can love a dog so much is a truly special & gentle soul indeed, and the kind of people with whom I want to spend my time.

I've lost about 25 beloved pets in my almost 80 years, and I still remember my last moments with each one. My wonderful Sheltie is due for the removal of a tumor in a few days and I dread that almost as much as I would if i were any family member. I pray it is not cancer. He is loved, and he knows it very well. He means the world to me.

Oh Perkup,

My heart hurts for you. I have two animals left and I dread the day when I lose them. I'm just too old to go through the pain of losing a beloved pet. I've lost many over my long years and it hurts worse each time. I hope that your precious Sheltie will be cancer free and on his way to recovery in no time.

Honored Contributor

Gave me a chill to read this. I know they were very fond of Duke. So sad to lose a pet. I lost my beloved pet recently and this time I got another rescue soon after as I really need the company and will give it an excellent life, I hope. I hope in time Jill and family get another pet as her children are a good age to enjoy a pet for many years.

Trusted Contributor

Saturday my avian vet came to the house and discovered a tumor on my remaining budgie, Errol. I didn't have her put him to sleep then, but it is only a matter of weeks before I'll ask her to do it. It is the most awful experience. I am so sorry for Jill and her family.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all of you. We recently had to put our Greta down. She was our first rescue and our first ""little"" girl. All of our dogs always live well beyond their expected years but Greta had the misfortune to have cancer attack her and it took her at a ""young"" age of eight. We only had her with us for four years but this gentle soul touched our hearts so very deeply. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost pets or are nursing sick pets. They truly are our ""fur babies"".

I find Carolyn and Jill very down to earth and very professional in their hosting duties. They both get the information stated so you can at least make an informed decision about the item. They are two of my favorites.

My prayers go out to Jill's family as they deal with the loss of Duke and with Carolyn as she comforts Johnny through his recovery.

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2014 Daysdee said:

Gave me a chill to read this. I know they were very fond of Duke. So sad to lose a pet. I lost my beloved pet recently and this time I got another rescue soon after as I really need the company and will give it an excellent life, I hope. I hope in time Jill and family get another pet as her children are a good age to enjoy a pet for many years.

They got another Rottie puppy while Duke was still alive. Her son Trevor named him Brosky. She has spoken about Brosky before on the air. Smile

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2014 sashamatthews said:

Saturday my avian vet came to the house and discovered a tumor on my remaining budgie, Errol. I didn't have her put him to sleep then, but it is only a matter of weeks before I'll ask her to do it. It is the most awful experience. I am so sorry for Jill and her family.

Sasha I'm very sorry.

Keep the faith. You just never know.

My dog had a tumor removed a little over 2 years ago and I was told at the time it wasn't a "friendly" tumor.

Hugs to you and I wish you the best.

Contributor

Jill, if you read these threads, I am so sorry for your loss. I know all too well the void that it leaves to lose a furbaby. You sound like a soft hearted pet momma. I hope that your heart is comforted.

Respected Contributor

Dear Jill, If you do read this, I am praying for you! God's blessings to you and your family. May God wrap His loving arms around your family and this precious, sweet furbaby

!{#emotions_dlg.wub}Panda Lady

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

LOVE this, thanks for sharing!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/26/2014 Retired08 said:

Sorry, once I posted the photo I could not write anything. On Jill's facebook she said that this photo was taken just a few hours before her beloved dog died.

I think that is why I like both Carolyn and Jill. They have big hearts where animals are involved.

It just broke my heart when I saw this.

The precious dog died, knowing he was loved with his mommy by his side..He is waiting for them at Rainbow bridge, cancer free and free from pain! God bless!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West