Honored Contributor

...between 80 and 90 degrees here in the midwest.  Do we really have to have Countdown to Christmas shows?  Ugh   

Let us enjoy each season as it comes please.  That's what happened when I was growing up, we took each season and holiday in turn, and enjoyed and appreciated each one.  It's not even Labor Day yet, let alone Halloween which is over two months away.  Really QVC, your greed to make money on Christmas merchandise is really over-the-top. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: It is still August and....

It's a shopping channel.  They sell products.  Their goal is to make a profit.  If they think selling Christmas items in August will help them reach their goal, they're going to do it.  It's called capitalism.  We live in a free market society and yes, Christmas in August is part of that system.  If you don't like QVC's marketing practices, you have free will and can switch the channel or turn the tv off altogether.  Enjoy the warm temps of the Midwest because soon enough, the days will grow colder and winter will be here. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree 100%. I hate all the Christmas In July shows and now the Christmas in August shows. I just DON'T watch and sure as heck don't order anything. As a matter of a fact I rarely watch at all anymore. I hate that LOGO stuff, and I like some Susan Graver but I just can not tolorate her incessant TALKING and prancing around and sick of the Vaccum cleaners and vitamix's and ......... the list is LONG. Oh, well I digress but back on topic PLEASE QVC just STOP with so much Christmas stuff before Labor Day, Halloween, and Thank's Giving!

Respected Contributor

I understand the negative points, however, on a positive note, the after Christmas returns allows us to check out merchandise to really see how it works!  That takes some of the anxiety away from shopping.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee I have to agree, it kind of ruins it for me, being inundated with Holiday decorating 3 months before time. It does kind of take something away from the holiday feeling this far in advance. Can we at least wait til there is a chill in the air sheesh?

I know we can change the channel, but it seems they would want to keep us watching for their own bottom line. I never order from these Christmas in summer shows, just not ready yet. The fun for me begins after Halloween at least. People must like and order this time of year though. Guess we will save some money today. Earth brand and Logo having TSV's and new items this month has kept me plenty busy lol.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Trusted Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

I know we can change the channel, but it seems they would want to keep us watching for their own bottom line. I never order from these Christmas in summer shows, just not ready yet. The fun for me begins after Halloween at least. People must like and order this time of year though. Guess we will save some money today. Earth brand and Logo having TSV's and new items this month has kept me plenty busy lol.

it is because of their bottom line that they have these Christmas shows.  Believe it or not, QVC tends to cater to the people who actually order merchandise rather than the tiny minority here on the board.  Honestly, if 100 people here were to complain about these Christmas shows or how boring the lineup is while tens of thousands of people order products, what do you think QVC will do?

So many people here refuse to accept that QVC is a retailer -- nothing more.  it is not our family.  It is not our friends.  It does not exist to entertain us or alleviate our boredom.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

...between 80 and 90 degrees here in the midwest.  Do we really have to have Countdown to Christmas shows?  Ugh   

Let us enjoy each season as it comes please.  That's what happened when I was growing up, we took each season and holiday in turn, and enjoyed and appreciated each one.  It's not even Labor Day yet, let alone Halloween which is over two months away.  Really QVC, your greed to make money on Christmas merchandise is really over-the-top. 

I agree, but I am sure there are a lot of people who get their shopping done during this time.  I would rather watch fall clothing which I will do today I believe HSN has already started with the fall clothing or will soon, I know Iman is on tomorrow and I believe Evine will start soon.

Valued Contributor

Agreed, I'm already "over" Christmas.  I don't like being bombarded with holiday decor so early.  All the retailers do it so it must be profitable.  Someone is enjoying and purchasing or they wouldn't do it 

Honored Contributor

Maybe if they didn't bombard us with cheap Chinese-made Christmas junk in the middle of the hottest summer on record, their bottom line wouldn't take the dip it did last quarter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom wrote:

It's a shopping channel.  They sell products.  Their goal is to make a profit.  If they think selling Christmas items in August will help them reach their goal, they're going to do it.  It's called capitalism.  We live in a free market society and yes, Christmas in August is part of that system.  If you don't like QVC's marketing practices, you have free will and can switch the channel or turn the tv off altogether.  Enjoy the warm temps of the Midwest because soon enough, the days will grow colder and winter will be here. 

@Jaspersmom  Thank you, but nothing you wrote was news to me - I'm well aware of it.  Just making comments about it.  I rarely watch QVC at all any more so tuning out the Christmas shows won't be different from my usual QVC routine.  I'm onlyh interested in the LOGO shows. Nevertheless, I wanted to express my opinion.  Thank you though, for the non-news-to-me.

Editing to add - I see it on the home page!