Honored Contributor

Re: It doesn't cost you to try??

For that very statement--it doesn't cost you to try---it costs me the s/h to get it to me, the tax, then the s/h to send it back. So I'm into the "NOT COSTING ANYTHING"  to around $15 at the least. Plus my time and aggrevation--let's  give that $15 too. I'm out $30!!! I have now put that into consideration before I buy anything anymore. Most times I find the same thing or close to it elsewhere for no s/h , no tax and free returns.

Honored Contributor

If you don't want to have to pay to try something - here's a recommendation -

I purchased the Junior's Lemon Coconut Cake.  I've always done well with Junior's.   I had a 'thing' that I wanted to get this for.   O-MG!    It is just so bad I can't even tell you!

The lemon is just two super super thin lines between a stale-tasting vanilla-ish layer cake and then some Crisco-tasting frosting that is covered in coconut.  The best thing about this cake was all the coconut that fell off inside the box.  Smiley Happy   

So, I paid $50+ for something that will go in the trash. I'm afraid to even call them because, a few months ago, I had a food order that was held in the UPS truck for 3 extra days, and arrived scary hot (raw chicken).  So they gave me my money back.  I figure if I  report this one they might think I'm trying to rip them off.   

But I have to say, I've always done well with the food items I've purchased here over the years.

As to the thing about ordering a whole bunch of sizes and colors - that just seems wrong to me, and always has.    I can't imagine doing that and having them foot the bill when I plan, from the onset, to return most of it.

Super Contributor

Let's see-----$12 to ship a pair of boots then another $7 to return using their label.  Yup----"only" $19 to try a pair of boots on.  Practically free!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

Let's see-----$12 to ship a pair of boots then another $7 to return using their label.  Yup----"only" $19 to try a pair of boots on.  Practically free!!!!!!

Seriously and likewise for a handbag... And for the most part, they're no bargain here to begin with... That 'try on' fee must be making them a bundle... or maybe not... I think they thought they'd clean up with it, but I wonder how much it's curtailed buying... I know it's one factor that's put a serious crimp in mine... That and the fact that most of their merchandise is redundant and as dull as ditch water...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...