Honored Contributor

Re: Is scrapbooking still a 'thing'..? Or, better said, not as popular..?

HSN has all-day craft days fairly often still.  Mostly papercrafting (including card-making and scrapbooking) and sewing usually.  Their next one is March 8th.  Must be lucrative for them, since they continue to have the shows and there are still sell-outs.

I mostly do card-making these days, but would also love to resume scrapbooking in a heartbeat if I had the space for it.  

Trusted Contributor

I did scrapbook for a few years, I loved it. My interests changed when my son started playing ball, it consumed all my free time running to ball games and I was on the board at the park.now, with cellphones and cameras on them I do ever miss pictures like I once did.
Super Contributor

it's on hsn often and I think I've seen it on evine.  

Super Contributor

Ah, I don't watch HSN and I don't think I have ever even checked out Evine. Good point about missing actual pictures. I guess what made me think of it further was looking through some old family photographs recently. IMO sometimes there is nothing like a tangible photo. And yes I know you can have digital pic's printed out, and I obviously have. I guess I am just old-school with some stuff. Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

MY over 55 community has a scrap booking club.  the ladies get together once a month in our arts and crafts room and do their thing

Trusted Contributor

I still scrapbook and make cards too.  I print my own photos, but I physically create pages.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scrapbook started because of the "multitude of old photos in shoeboxes."

I made over 10 Creative Memory photo albums .... after scrapbooking about 40 years of photos from pictures I had 'developed from camera shops, Walmart, etc.--it does come to and end....not that I lost interest.

Once I started using digital cameras, I use Shutterfly type websites to make "storybooks" which are quick and easy (since I do not have "hard copy" photos anymore to cut up and paste).

Esteemed Contributor

I used to make all of my own greeting cards, I spent a minium of 2 hours on each one, and then I stopped, I went over to my sisters house one day and in her trash can was the Christmas card I sent her (that she had just received) lying right on top, I had spent 3 hours making it personally for her and her family and she barely even glanced at it, I knew from that point on that my time could be spent better elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

i tried to hop on the scrapbook train and bought a ton of supplies back in the 90's, took one free class and knew right then it was not for me. went totally blank as soon as i had all that stuff in front of me. Still have all of the supplies. however my SIL and niece are into doing the cards and i have them on my bulletine board in my bedroom. i would never throw them away, they are so lovely.everytime we go to their place for a holiday dinner, we all gather around the table, guys and gals and kids, and she directs making a couple styles of cards for us to take home. she has all the elements organized per each person per each card and we have the best time and laugh and joke and ooohh and ahhh. such a good time!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have one I am working on for my dog. Just casually working on it. Before I pick it back up I would like to get one of those HP Sprocket printers to use for it.