Respected Contributor

Re: ITKW Mary Today

[ Edited ]

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

So many hosts....so few prime hours on Q1.

It can take years to get a good Q1 spot.

For example, Terri Conn has put in a long apprenticeship and is just now getting her deserved recognition and hitting her Q1 striden

I didn't know until recently that Julia has been with QVC for over 5 years!  I think she deserves something on the main, maybe on one of the food shows.

There's lots of other hosts with spots on the main who've been there a lot less time.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

I disagree, don't care for Julia, she always looks like she just rolled outta bed, wearing last nights clothes.

I don't think she takes her job at QVC seriously.

@KingstonMom I agree, there is something about her, I don't know.

Honored Contributor

In the Kitchen wih Julia reminds me of Julia Child.  It would have been a complete riot if she had lived long enough to be on QVC, maybe with David.

Trusted Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@KingstonMom wrote:

I disagree, don't care for Julia, she always looks like she just rolled outta bed, wearing last nights clothes.

I don't think she takes her job at QVC seriously.

@KingstonMom I agree, there is something about her, I don't know.

I agree too.  What it is exactly, I don't know, but I can just see her, in her private life when she's at home with friends, making fun of QVC, the products, the people who watch.  

Not lately, but when I first noticed Julia hosting, it did seem like she would say slightly sarcastic things occasionally.  Maybe it was my imagination.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom  I couldn't agree more.  She's an immediate channel changer for me (since I can't see when she's hosting on the Guide any more).  She may be an OK host, but she always looks so sloppy that I just avoid watching her.

Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

Mary has a big 3 to 6 pm show with Kim Gravel today on Q1.

I think the Q1 TSV takes precedence over a Q2 show.

Seems like Mary is wanting to leave the show on Q2 altogether and move exclusively to the main channel.

I don't think the hosts have a choice where they go and what they do.  All of the hosts take a turn on QVC2.

Honored Contributor

Mary is on right now doing fashions on the main channel.  I think it's QVC that keeps rescheduling her from her ITKWM show, not Mary's decision

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I just love Julia.  I love her presentation style and her friendly outgoing personality.  She has improved exponentially, and I would like to see her get a TSV spot.  I believe she certainly deserves it.  Jane Treacy, her mentor, has done a great job teaching her hosting skills!

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

Seems like Mary is wanting to leave the show on Q2 altogether and move exclusively to the main channel.

I don't think the hosts have a choice where they go and what they do.  All of the hosts take a turn on QVC2.

Well not ALL of them.  Shawn and Courtney are never on Q2.  I was thinking about this just the other day.🌸

Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

Well not ALL of them.  Shawn and Courtney are never on Q2.  I was thinking about this just the other day.🌸

Shawn absolutely has been on QVC2.