Valued Contributor

Re: IT'S CERTAINLY NOT A FIESTA AT QVC THIS WEEKEND!

On 4/28/2014 stevieb said:

Well Spurt, it's a different strokes kind of thing. Some of you like professional basketball and some of us can't see the draw... Meanwhile, some of us like baseball...

It's what makes the word go 'round. Note to Q: it's called VARIETY...

Wink

and some of like college sports instead of professional! I love our baseball team!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 katiescarlett said:

Well Spurt, it's a different strokes kind of thing. Some of you like professional basketball and some of us can't see the draw... Meanwhile, some of us like baseball...

Wink

and some of like college sports instead of professional! I love our baseball team!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I enjoy college sports more than professional and the biggest difference is that I actually watch them! And speaking of college, the game I was watching was Clemson getting spanked by Miami...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Not a fiesta today either. All day in either the kitchen or the garden. Cripes! It might as well be Sunday...

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 stevieb said:
On 4/29/2014 katiescarlett said:

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I enjoy college sports more than professional and the biggest difference is that I actually watch them! And speaking of college, the game I was watching was Clemson getting spanked by Miami...

KS and Stevie

I don't mind college football.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 4/30/2014 stevieb said:

Not a fiesta today either. All day in either the kitchen or the garden. Cripes! It might as well be Sunday...

Stevie have you noticed it's more and more "special" and "themed" days .....but in addition to limited products, they are running out of show titles to use now too....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Interesting stuff about ShopQ....The Board plans to fire their CEO and look what they have planned....sounds a tad familiar doesn't it.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And here is what the Clinton Group’s directors plan to do:

* replacing the Chief Executive Officer (namely Stewart)

* changing the mix of merchandise offered to customers, reducing the percentage of merchandise in the jewelry, watch and electronics segments (which have historically been characterized by high selling prices and high return rates), and creating additional vendor relationships with brands and manufacturers in other categories such as beauty, health, fitness, fashion, accessories and home;

* establishing a New York City merchandising presence, enabling greater access to proprietary product from celebrities, musicians, personalities and well-known brands

* broadcasting some live selling events from locations throughout the world, including New York City and Los Angeles, to facilitate the acquisition and development of high margin, proprietary brands and notable, on-air talent

* marketing the SHOP HQ brand and service through public relations, off-asset marketing and through live events, promotions and innovative use of multi-channel, social media

*innovating new programming approaches to distinguish the SHOP HQ brand from those of rivals HSN and QVC (as well as other eCommerce companies), including by adding programming that involves integrated social commerce and cost-effective, shopping-centric entertainment across multiple platforms.

And with this comment---one wonders if this is the reason why QVC keeps its extremely repetitive weekend lineup with high priced $400 Vitamix blenders, high priced beds/matrresses, and high priced vacuum cleaners.....

Moreover, the Company’s current $7 revenue production per home significantly lags behind that of HSN and QVC, the Company’s principal rivals, who generate $24 and $60 of revenue, respectively, per American home in which their programming is available, according to the Company’s latest Management Presentation.6

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Sorry to say, Spurt, I think home shopping is really floundering. Shop HQ, the Q and HSN can (and clearly are going to) do whatever they want, but I haven't bought anything from HSN in months, likewise, SHQ (only it's been even longer), and QVC is beginning to fall in the same boat. Likewise, I barely watch QVC anymore, can't remember the last time I turned on HSN and I watched SHQ very briefly a few weeks ago when they were showing jewelry. The hosts, vendors and products weren't much to my liking so I didn't watch for long... On the other hand, in the last few weeks, I've shopped on-line at Amazon, Banana Republic, Anne Klein, Macy's and so on and have gone to TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Bed-Bath and Beyond, Lowe's, etc... Home shopping was fun for a while, and like I keep saying, shopping is supposed to be fun, but increasingly home shopping just isn't. It's up to them, really, and they keep falling flat on their faces, at least as far as I'm concerned. Between the awful programming, the frantic hosts, the seeming lack of stock, the high shipping, and so on, it just all begins to seem like a colossal waste of time.

It’s all just so predictable, the programs, the formats, the hosts, the sales tactics, the prices, the whole enchilada... And with QVC, there’s rarely ever a real sale price, rarely a shipping deal, it’s just the same thing day in and day out and they never, ever do anything to shake it all up a little. They really need to. They really do, and badly.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to say, Spurt, I think home shopping is really floundering. Shop HQ, the Q and HSN can (and clearly are going to) do whatever they want, but I haven't bought anything from HSN in months, likewise, SHQ (only it's been even longer), and QVC is beginning to fall in the same boat. Likewise, I barely watch QVC anymore, can't remember the last time I turned on HSN and I watched SHQ very briefly a few weeks ago when they were showing jewelry. The hosts, vendors and products weren't much to my liking so I didn't watch for long... On the other hand, in the last few weeks, I've shopped on-line at Amazon, Banana Republic, Anne Klein, Macy's and so on and have gone to TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Bed-Bath and Beyond, Lowe's, etc... Home shopping was fun for a while, and like I keep saying, shopping is supposed to be fun, but increasingly home shopping just isn't. It's up to them, really, and they keep falling flat on their faces, at least as far as I'm concerned. Between the awful programming, the frantic hosts, the seeming lack of stock, the high shipping, and so on, it just all begins to seem like a colossal waste of time.

It’s all just so predictable, the programs, the formats, the hosts, the sales tactics, the prices, the whole enchilada... And with QVC, there’s rarely ever a real sale price, rarely a shipping deal, it’s just the same thing day in and day out and they never, ever do anything to shake it all up a little. They really need to. They really do, and badly.

Stevie...I agree in their present state these shopping channels are a disaster....they can try to disguise it and kid themselves....However, I think if they listened to their customer base, and offer unique products not available everywhere... they could have a definite niche market.......but they all seem to be climbing on celebrity bang wagons, getting involved with Hollywood deals, prices and shipping not competitive....and then there's the international market that Mikie seems obsessed with....

I had ordered some stuff online (cosmetics, a t-shirt, and handbag) and ALL going back....I'll probably get the "infamous" letter.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

I've ordered a couple of cosmetic items that I actually know I like (Edward Bess reorders), one new makeup item that I wanted to try (Dalton's new foundation) and an Issac watch, and that's pretty much been it for me. Not being one to cut off my nose to spite my face, I'll order from them when and if the mood strikes me, but as a regular shopping resource, well, not nearly so much as once upon a time, long, long ago... I'm sure there will be the occasional piece of jewelry or handbag or the occasional VPH item or even something else (remembering the Shark, which, by the way, I like), but this is no longer a go-to kind or place for me.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, Spurt, I think they've made it clear they think they know best and have no intention of listening to the feedback they receive from 'valued' customers. Let's face it, the weekend delirium has been going on now for far too long. If they had any intent to up the ante they've had every opportunity to jump on it by now. If anything it's getting worse and so are the weekdays. They've hopped on the same handful of 'successful' shows and products and that's pretty much it. I mean really, how many days will they end up having David in the kitchen and beauty at night...? The stale standard operating procedures and lack of real customer incentives are almost as offensive as the stale product mix and the stale programming. I mean come on, they NEVER have a real sale, and they rarely have any kind of meaningful shipping promotion. Instead, they rely on the decades old TSV concept (and let's face it, most of the TSV's aren't that special) and the occasional OTO, which more times than not is probably something they have in overstock and want to unload. You'd just think that once in a while they'd shake things up by having an actual promotion, but no, it's always just business as usual with them... All that coupled with the programming and, well, there's really not much reason to watch or shop other than on an occasional basis.

Honored Contributor

Yep, I'm doing more local shopping too.....

Oh I pass this info on to you.....I also shop Amazon and my credit card that I use for online shopping was compromised....luckily I got a call from the credit card monitor folks ..... and they canceled the card and took off a fraudulent transaction....he said the culprit was Amazon's private vendors (he said Amazon is getting more and more like Ebay with these private vendors)... ....from now on I'm only buying products that are purchased directly from Amazon....and all I did was purchase a book for $8.02!!! {#emotions_dlg.mad} So be careful.....BTW I've never had a problem with Ebay....go figure....