Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S CERTAINLY NOT A FIESTA AT QVC THIS WEEKEND!

On 4/27/2014 circles said:
On 4/27/2014 SPURT said:
On 4/26/2014 stevieb said:

Other than the gold show, today is bad, . Tomorrow, as expected, is even worse, and is unwatchable, so I won't be watching. QVC has become fully ridiculous.

Hey Stevie....I think they put Jasper in charge of the programming control room.....no on second thought I think he'd make much more intelligent decisions.....

A co-worker and I were talking about the Q (she said she worked for them part time and had noticed the decline).....she said she could not imagine who the heck would buy a bed from a TV Shopping Channel....if she can see it....one wonders about TPTB

SPURT....I look forward to your weekly updates....they are always fun and oh, so truthful....Your graphics are way too funny....the cat in the red swimsuit is hysterical...

I did have to step in to say that I bought a mattress/box spring, from the Q, several years ago...one of the best purchases I ever made....still have it...

I don't watch the Q. like I use to....unless I want to be lolled to sleep...:0)

Hi Circles.....thank you for your nice comments...I love love love that cat in the swimsuit too....{#emotions_dlg.lol}

WOW----I think you deserve to be in the Q HALL OF CUSTOMER FAME----{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

About 6 years ago I made my biggest and most expensive Q purchase, I bought a computer and had DISASTROUS results and had to contact Q Corporate to get one that worked....NEVER AGAIN! And then I've had strange experiences with handbags (the box had my name and address on the outside and someone else's order with their invoice on the inside of the box).....and there have been other problems with deliveries. So Circles, for you to receive a mattress/box spring and have it be one of your BEST PURCHASES EVER! is just PHENOMENAL!!!! --- CONGRATULATIONS! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} you should get some award.....Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 4/27/2014 katiescarlett said:

Other than the gold show, today is bad, . Tomorrow, as expected, is even worse, and is unwatchable, so I won't be watching. QVC has become fully ridiculous.

stevie, even when there was nothing of interest on QVC, I would at least watch the Sunday cooking shows, but no more. They are so boring and repetitious! I am sick of Temp-tations, overpriced potstickers, nut mixes, etc.; I check out "items previously on air" and if there is a cookbook or gadget of interest, I watch the presentation later. But I never buy the cookbook from QVC because I can get it cheaper elsewhere with free shipping, and many times the gadgets have poor reviews.

I used to watch all the time or at least have it on for background noise, but I almost NEVER watch any more.

Hey KS....how ya been....

I used to enjoy ITKWD Show (during the NFL off season of course {#emotions_dlg.laugh}) and enjoyed the gadgets that I didn't even see in the local fancy kitchen stores.....I have a collection of the neat gadgets and use them faithfully whenever I cook.....BUT like everything else at the Q the show is now worse than summer TV reruns and now there are quality issues too....I no longer watch and may check the items that were aired and just shake my head.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 4/27/2014 stevieb said:
On 4/27/2014 SPURT said:

Hey Stevie....I think they put Jasper in charge of the programming control room.....no on second thought I think he'd make much more intelligent decisions....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

A co-worker and I were talking about the Q (she said she worked for them part time and had noticed the decline).....she said she could not imagine who the heck would buy a bed from a TV Shopping Channel....if she can see it....one wonders about TPTB

Jasper wouldn't do this to cat lovers, especially week after week...

As for the decline, it's palpable. You can't have been a QVC viewer or customer for more than a few years and not notice how really badly it's deteriorated and in almost every conceivable way. Hoping the French love their new shopping experience... because many of us surely aren't impressed.

Hey Stevie....I don't know about your Nikkie, but Figgy & Puddin enjoy different toys and treats so even cats like variety {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I have to admit I was FORCED, yes FORCED to endure a bit of ITKWD when I went over to see my sis, and she had a friend over so I had to be polite and allow her to watch what she wanted until it was time to eat dinner......she could have turned off the tv and I could have given the demonstrations.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} The happy dance almost ruined my appetite .....

You will be "happy" to know that there is hope for my team of Indigenous People ....... at least for ONE game anyway....I will be attending the game in H Town against the Texans....going with a group and we have tickets behind the visitor's bench...so perhaps we have a chance to win with me doing the COACHING {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}....(finally some GOOD coaching I might add)....oh and my sis said will be wearing her Eli shirt....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I was disappointed in the gold show-saw a part of it--where were those expensive "new arrivals" with real gems.....at least it was 14K save for those resin plated earrings and they just HAD to do the jumping demo.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/27/2014 SPURT said:
On 4/27/2014 SPURT said:

Hey Stevie....I think they put Jasper in charge of the programming control room.....no on second thought I think he'd make much more intelligent decisions.....

SPURT....I look forward to your weekly updates....they are always fun and oh, so truthful....Your graphics are way too funny....the cat in the red swimsuit is hysterical...

I did have to step in to say that I bought a mattress/box spring, from the Q, several years ago...one of the best purchases I ever made....still have it...

I don't watch the Q. like I use to....unless I want to be lolled to sleep...:0)

Hi Circles.....thank you for your nice comments...I love love love that cat in the swimsuit too....{#emotions_dlg.lol}

WOW----I think you deserve to be in the Q HALL OF CUSTOMER FAME----{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

About 6 years ago I made my biggest and most expensive Q purchase, I bought a computer and had DISASTROUS results and had to contact Q Corporate to get one that worked....NEVER AGAIN! And then I've had strange experiences with handbags (the box had my name and address on the outside and someone else's order with their invoice on the inside of the box).....and there have been other problems with deliveries. So Circles, for you to receive a mattress/box spring and have it be one of your BEST PURCHASES EVER! is just PHENOMENAL!!!! --- CONGRATULATIONS! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} you should get some award.....Wink

Wow....I am so proud to hold that title.....

Should I mention I have purchased four computers....over the years...from the Q....???? The only one I hated was a Dell...

Honored Contributor

Wow....I am so proud to hold that title.....

Should I mention I have purchased four computers....over the years...from the Q....???? The only one I hated was a Dell...

Circles......on behalf of Q customers everywhere I would like to present you with the first

Qvy Award.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

WOW! And 4 computers too....you definitely EARNED the award!!!!!

Oh btw the pc that I had all the problems with was a Dell (coincidence that the former CEO of Dell was Mike George, and he is now the current CEO of QVC and both companies have gone down hill)

Three trips by an in-home tech, it was also sent back to factory and they wouldn't let me just get a refund because they fooled around with it over 30 days....I called Q corporate and they arranged to get me a replacement (not a refund) I told them after paying over $1,000 I don't think it was too much to ask to get a PC that worked...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

Yep, Spurt, the gold show was a bust... A few pretty bracelets that I wasn't about to buy and that was about it... I turned it off about half way through and haven't had the Q on since then. I got an email promotion last week about May being gold month that showed two really neat rings, but when I went to look for them, they were nowhere to be found... Vintage Q, I guess.

And yes, I saw the 'demo' of the vendor slam-dancing with the jewelry and you know, I find that more offensive than just about anything else they now do on the ridiculous Q. No one stands on their jewelry and if they want to convince us how sturdy it is there has got to be a better way... It's just patently stupid.

Enjoy your trip to Houston, but, well, I'll be pulling for the Texans... Sorry, I might live here, but your team is not my team... As for that Eli shirt, maybe you can arrange for it to, um, disappear (or at least shrink badly...) before hand... I do hope, though, that you and your sister behave when the two teams face each other... A cage match between sisters would be so very ugly... Almost as repugnant as Eli himself!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/27/2014 stevieb said:

Yep, Spurt, the gold show was a bust... A few pretty bracelets that I wasn't about to buy and that was about it... I turned it off about half way through and haven't had the Q on since then. I got an email promotion last week about May being gold month that showed two really neat rings, but when I went to look for them, they were nowhere to be found... Vintage Q, I guess.

And yes, I saw the 'demo' of the vendor slam-dancing with the jewelry and you know, I find that more offensive than just about anything else they now do on the ridiculous Q. No one stands on their jewelry and if they want to convince us how sturdy it is there has got to be a better way... It's just patently stupid.

Enjoy your trip to Houston, but, well, I'll be pulling for the Texans... Sorry, I might live here, but your team is not my team... As for that Eli shirt, maybe you can arrange for it to, um, disappear (or at least shrink badly...) before hand... I do hope, though, that you and your sister behave when the two teams face each other... A cage match between sisters would be so very ugly... Almost as repugnant as Eli himself!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Stevie....well if this past gold show is any indication...I wouldn't expect too much from the Q designating May as "gold" month and I use the word "gold" in the broadest terms....at least they did not have "your man" hosting....now thank moms for small favors....Wink

WHAT!!!!????....whadda mean you don't jump on your jewelry{#emotions_dlg.confused1}....Every time they do that jewelry slam dance.....I can't help but think of the Van Halen song, "JUMP"....perhaps they should play that song in the background to make the demo a bit more entertaining.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.....Perhaps they should add jewelry to the bottom of the ortha sandals....that way they can kill or demo 2 birds (or vendors) with one stone.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I am proud of you Stevie.....I expect more meaning for a fan than choosing a team because "the team is located where you live".....I want more substance from sports fans......so you have the right to choose any team or be against my team or no team. One thing neat about the Texans is they are in a different conference and the people in H Town HATE the Dallas Cowboys as much as the other teams in the NFC East Division do{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But I always put my best foot forward when representing my team ......... the last time the Texans played the NFC East I went to Houston as a birthday gift for my sister to see her Giants....her favorite player was Tiki Barber (I know you probably heard how he fell from grace with the fandom--- when he went into broadcasting he ditched his long time wife and mother of his children for a younger model....I swear my sis has the lousiest taste.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.glare}). Anyway we were very polite and on our best behavior....although a couple of friends are threatening to wear Spurs t-shirts this timme...(the Rockets/Spurs fans are not so friendly).....btw Im ready to ditch the Spurs ....we were ahead with 1.6 seconds left and those DALLAS Mavs hit the winning shot at the buzzer....{#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.crying} Do you know where I can order Wizard stuff online...????

Honored Contributor

No, my man wasn't hosting, but Thursday when they had all those diamonds (you know, they are your best friend...), I couldn't even watch because they had that man o' mine doing both of the late shows... Such a pity but I'm true to myself and had no desire to sit and watch him for three hours, so although I'd DVR'd the shows, I promptly deleted them sight unseen... One assumes maybe there'll be other diamond shows, you know, in between the Marker Man, Vitamix and Dell... And no, I don't hold out much hope for 'gold month'. After all, I think April is diamond month and they had what, one day of diamond programming...

You know I don't do pro basketball, but the Wizards are, for them, having a good season... surprisingly enough, and if you ultimately decide to change allegiances, I'm sure we can find some way to hook you up with Wiz merchandise... Personally, I wish they'd change their name back to the Bullets... Wizards is just so lame...

As we speak, I'm watching college baseball... Yes, I know, but I like baseball and those college men are, well, you know.... Besides, there is NOTHING on television... again... Though I have to admit, I did watch Miz Dolly on the Q. What can I say, Dolly's a trip and seemingly a very good person, though of course, one never really knows.

Enough with the football references Spurt, for heaven's sake, didn't the season just end like a couple of months ago... Oh PLEASE don't tell me it's starting up again... That won't be 'till August, right... RIGHT... RIGHT... Please tell me I'm right....

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yea, it sounds like your DS has sort of questionable taste in men... Maybe we can get her into a support group of some kind, you know, for women who choose ridiculous men...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Tiki was good though... and since he and I do share an alma mater... well, I'll let this one sort of slide, but Eli...Oy... Really...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Most of this weekend's programming was a snoozefest (as usual), but I sure enjoyed the live show with Dolly Parton this evening. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

Stevie, those "diamonds" that Man o' Yours was hawking (champagne diamonds) on Thursday were butt-ugly! DH asked me "what happened" to the diamonds???? He thought they were dirty or fake!

Hmmmm, both! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}