Honored Contributor

My mom was from Germany and many years ago a co- worker asked her if she was going home to visit. My mom replied that she couldn't go because it was expensive to fly, and the woman asked why she didn't just take the train, 😏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I like Rosina.  When PTR talks about his beauty products I feel like he knows very little if anything about skin care products.  All he seems to be sure of is the story he tells about his mother putting the one face product all over her body.

@rms1954  I like her too. She is polite , but doesn't gush.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

I was passing by the Q on the way to my crime channel, and briefy paused since I like a few PTR products, tho I don't prefer that particular host. Yes, it gave me quite a chuckle. QVC has become rather cringe worthy these days.

Cringe worthy indeed!

Trusted Contributor

I only caught a couple of minutes of this show (literally, like 2 or 3 minutes) in passing.  It just seemed to me that PTR and Rosina were being silly (in a good way) and having fun together. 

I don't know that much about his products, but I have to say he always seems very pleasant.  Now I'm sorry I didn't watch more of the show, it sounds like a lot of funny remarks were made

Valued Contributor

@cindyNC @There is a road to Key West... the Overseas Highway. Beautiful drive. 113 miles from Key Largo. 159 miles from Miami.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, you all gave me a much needed laugh this evening. Thank You!!!

Trusted Contributor

This made me think of where I acquired so much common knowledge and I have to thank my parents.  We didn't have much money and neither of my parents finished high school, but both were smart and well read.  We would have great conversations around the supper table at night.  I absorbed so much of what I know from them.  It amazes me how little some people know about the world around them.  Those days of just hanging out with people to talk about everything and anything are long gone for a lot of people.  

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

This made me think of where I acquired so much common knowledge and I have to thank my parents.  We didn't have much money and neither of my parents finished high school, but both were smart and well read.  We would have great conversations around the supper table at night.  I absorbed so much of what I know from them.  It amazes me how little some people know about the world around them.  Those days of just hanging out with people to talk about everything and anything are long gone for a lot of people.  

YES!

I wish my parents were still alive. I would love to tell them a few hundred times,  how grateful I am that they were my parents.

My Dad was a pilot. He thought that traveling and visiting different places was a great education. So every summer he would plan a trip to various different places. He would also find as many interesting places to visit along the way

My Mom had been a school teacher. So she stressed school and books.

I felt like I had the best of both worlds.

Respected Contributor
I remember many years ago a host named Sheila saying that immigrants who landed in New York would go through Coney Island instead of Ellis Island.
Respected Contributor

Boy oh boy!  I'm not laughing, this is the lack of education.  Can this country be saved? Cat Surprised