Trusted Contributor

Re: I realize the world doesn't revolve around me....

$$$$$$   that's what is selling. The markup is huge 70-80 %

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

.....  but why, if the Q has a dedicated beauty channel (so I've heard), must they dedicate a whole day to beauty programming on their regular channel.

(And why does it always fall on a day when I'm planning to be home doing house projects?) Woman LOL

The dedicated beauty channel is not available on TV for most people. It also only airs live shows a few hours a night and only a few nights of the week. The rest of the time it airs pre-recorded shows. So that's one reason.

I love the beauty days. I don't really like gold days, fashion days, garden days, or many of the other specialty days. I just watch something else those days and it doesn't affect me.

Honored Contributor

i've never bought into most of the hype that surrounds so many of the beauty products and their purported benefits.  I won't be watching the Q today.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Simply stated, it's all about the $$$$$! Beauty products sell well and are big profit-makers.

ETA: They're selling a fantasy, and a lot of us are "buying" it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I think it borders on disgraceful and ethical what Perricone asks for its "miracles in a jar." And others along with him: closer to $l00. for 0.5 oz. eye cream or face cream with l oz. product. Wow, do they have the older woman's number!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon,      I don't receive the Q's beauty channel and I am NOT going to pay for it.  They probably do the beauty shows on the regular Q because a lot of women do not get the beauty channel.  Personally, I think the beauty channel is a waste.  They can do the same thing on the Q.  All it takes is planningCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

A thought I have often: If these miracle high priced items are so fantastic why do some of the hosts have wrinkles or dark spots? Not being critical, I have them too. They are a part of aging and unless you have fantastic genes or serious face lifts, you're gonna have them too!  Yeah, it's about the money!  And if you watch enough, you will notice that a host will say this product is what she always uses and would never be without. The next day she appears with another vendor and turns out that (same item type) is also the one she always uses and would never be without and it's the best on the market too!

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon I hear you. Probably because not everyone gets that other channel. Personally I don't even know if I have it since I'm no longer interested in the beauty stuff.  I have enough to last me for years and I've found that the drugstore brands are just as good and half the price.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24  I'm a drugstore girl too!!!  If you choose correctly, the products are just as good.  

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't Retinol really the only scientific proven skin care that helps aging.