Esteemed Contributor

I keep hoping QVC's returns process will get better..maybe they could take a lesson from the "other" shopping channel..?

I know this has probably been discussed before, but has anyone had good experiences with the return process recently? I keep thinking someone can give me some hope that it will get better. The excessive time it takes to return an item is going to make me cut down on my purchasing-that and the number of defective items I've been receiving. I only return items that are defective or where the sizing is way off from what the garment measurements show-I seldom return things for other reasons. And it takes much too long for the credit to be applied back to my credit card.

I took packages to the post office on Friday, February 28 -- one to go back to QVC with its return label, and one to go back to HSN using their return label. According to the Post Office website package tracking, my QVC package is still sitting in the post office, has not been picked up by the "shipping agent", and it is March 5. My package sent to HSN has been returned and is showing "Returned" on my order status as of today. I just can't understand why QVC can't come up with a better process to handle returns.

Occasional Contributor

Re: I keep hoping QVC's returns process will get better..maybe they could take a lesson from the ""other"" shopping channel..?

Note: HSN return labels are that of UPS and they get delivered in a few day's time. I get my account credited for my returns, completed and posted, in about 5-6 days maximum.

QVC return labels are of USPS and takes a very long time. Account will indicate returns received in about 7-8 days and my account credited after 4 more waiting days.

However, QVC account return status are also not updated frequently. It will show 'status unavailable' for about 4 days as if the package is not moving, then check back after 4 days and it will show that it actually has been moving in transit. Then it will appear again as if it is sitting in some Post Office somewhere for another 3-4 days. Check again and it will indicate that it had already been delivered. Typically, the whole return and refund wait time for us is a total of 11-12 days.

Occasional Contributor

Re: I keep hoping QVC's returns process will get better..maybe they could take a lesson from the ""other"" shopping channel..?

One thing though that I don't like with QVC is if you order multiple items on the same day(items coming from the same QVC warehouse source), why can't they ship most of the items together? I hate receiving multiple small boxes on the same day for orders placed on the same day, or even for items placed within the same order. The other network pools all your orders for the same day (half off s&h for all orders placed on the same day, even if placed separately). Multiple items from multiple orders placed on the same day comes in one bigger box. I hope QVC will do the same, plus I think this will save QVC on their actual shipping costs too.

Esteemed Contributor

I know the HSN credit will appear on my HSN card probably tomorrow-it's usually the day after they receive it.

I don't even look at the QVC status because I know it usually won't show me anything until way after the fact. I track it with the tracking # on the label through the post office website, which does stay updated. The one to HSN went part way by USPS and the rest of the way by UPS. However, as of today, the post office website shows the QVC package has not been picked up by QVC's "shipping agent". This has happened many times and when it is updated, it shows the actual date it is picked up, which is often several days after I deliver it to the post office. The problem is not the post office - the problem is that QVC has a "shipping agent" that takes it from the post office and it can vary from a couple of days to 4 or 5 days while it just sits there. I don't know how it gets back to QVC after that, but it's not through the postal service.

Occasional Contributor

In my case, I can't even use the tracking number in the USPS website. I always depend on my QVC account status to track it and as mentioned, in my experience, is not updated frequently. Frustrating, I know.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/5/2014 osang828 said:

In my case, I can't even use the tracking number in the USPS website. I always depend on my QVC account status to track it and as mentioned, in my experience, is not updated frequently. Frustrating, I know.

The tracking number is for Newgistics. You can check on their website, not USPS.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't use QVC's return tracking number on the status page- I use the tracking number under the large bar code on the label I'm using to return the item (I make a copy of the label before I put it on the package). This one works with the post office website and you can track the package until it's picked up by the "shipping agent" - that's how I know how long it sits in the post office. After it's picked up, you have to go to the QVC status - and that one is not kept updated very well at all.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/6/2014 kittymomNC said:

I don't use QVC's return tracking number on the status page- I use the tracking number under the large bar code on the label I'm using to return the item (I make a copy of the label before I put it on the package). This one works with the post office website and you can track the package until it's picked up by the "shipping agent" - that's how I know how long it sits in the post office. After it's picked up, you have to go to the QVC status - and that one is not kept updated very well at all.

I might have been entering the wrong tracking numbers then. I might have been using the numbers on top of the large bar code. I'll pay attention next time. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Here is my recent return story. I ordered the Tria hair removal system in October. It was covered under the holiday return policy meaning I had until January 31st to return the item. I used my Q card and so when my statements came in, I paid for them. By January 1st, I finished paying for the item. My daughter did not see any noticeable improvement and so I returned the item in time. Along with the item, I returned the form where you tell them why you are returning it and how you want your refund. I used my Q card and paid for it in full, but I did not want a credit. I wanted a refund of what I paid. We are talking about an item over $400.00. However, there is no box to check to say do not credit my account give me the cash back. I did put an asterisk along this box saying I wanted my cash back. I also put a note in the return stating do not credit account just give me a refund check. Well, I guess you can guess what happened. When I got my next statement there was a credit applied to my account. I called customer service in the beginning of February and they told me no refund check had been issued. So this customer rep tells me she will issue me a check and how sorry she is for this. Fast forward to March. I still have no check and I'm thinking if I don't receive one soon, I will call again. In the meantime, I receive my statement and it still shows a credit. I call immediately and you can guess what I am going to say - NO CHECK IS SHOWN BEING ISSUED. Now I am really mad. First, this is my third time requesting check. Once when I returned item, second time a phone call and now a third phone call. Well she tells me when I returned the item with the note, the note probably wasn't even read because it goes to a warehouse and they didn't do anything with it. She has no idea why second rep didn't put through the request, but she will handle it and I will get the check. I tell her that if I was late paying my bill, QVC would charge me a late fee so I think it's only fair that I charge QVC a late fee. She laughs and I tell her it's not funny that my money could be in a bank collecting interest. She does say for my inconvenience she will give me a $25 credit. But I just want my money!

Esteemed Contributor

Joann, I can understand your frustration...so you paid off your Q card, and then they issued you a credit so you have to spend another $400 with them? I hope you get your check soon--at least you got $25 for your trouble. I had a big problem with HSN and they gave me an "inconvenience credit"--turned out it was supposed to be a one-time deal. I purchased something, which again turned out to be defective and had to be returned, and they weren't going to give me my $20 credit back! I lit up when they told me that, and got a supervisor on the line. She said she would make a "one-time" exception. I returned the item, and told them I was afraid to use it on anything else because if it had to be returned, then according to them, I would lose the credit. That's when they finally told me it could be applied to a purchase "after the fact"--they should have told me that in the first place and saved a lot of trouble. So I found a pair of DG2 jeans on sale for $19.95, got them home, they fit, and they applied the credit so I basically got them free! NOT ordering from HSN anymore.

BTW-based on my return to HSN, the post office does keep their tracking up-to-date every day. My item I shipped back to QVC is apparently STILL sitting at the post office waiting for the "shipping agent" -since LAST FRIDAY! This is over $200 that I want back on my credit card --I'm not holding my breath to see when it will get back to QVC!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}