Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

cooking shows and outdoor and garden shows.  Seems like we have had a constant barage (spelling??) of 24 hour garden days.  I know it's the season, but come on QVC.  And what's with 2 kitchen related tsv's within a few days of each other??

Sounds like you're just tired of QVC.  I get it...so am I.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am/was really, really looking forward to the Irish Show tomorrow.... until I went through the "Sneak Peek" of the items and they are pretty much exactly what QVC had last year. There was really nothing new.... even the TSV looks like another sweater.  I have purchased many sweaters over the years and don't need another one that looks almost identical as I have all the colors that have been offered.

Such a shame.... it's like last year's and the year befores left overs....  I was also hoping that the Irish Cottage industry would be back making engraved wood stools, convertable ladders and incredible items that were offered years ago.... I got my stool and wanted the ladder the following year and it never showed up again....

*Sigh*  I'll be watching as I always do hoping there will be some exciting new items.....  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I agree....I was surprised to see another kitchen TSV since there was just one on Sunday, then tomorrow all most all day theme programming.....ugh.

Honored Contributor
I like the cooking, outdoor and garden shows. I could do without the makeup, skincare and Dyson shows. We are all different and can tune in to the items that interest us.
Esteemed Contributor

... we have had a constant barage (spelling??) ....

@just wonder

Barrage...close but...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

The all day gardening shows are about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Valued Contributor

I would have to agree re: having two kitchen TSV's so close together.  It's been so long since QVC has had a handbag TSV that wasn't Dooney. I'm sure they are great quality bags, but they are not my taste.  I really wish there were more fashion/accessory/handbag TSV's in general, but to each his/her own.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I am/was really, really looking forward to the Irish Show tomorrow.... until I went through the "Sneak Peek" of the items and they are pretty much exactly what QVC had last year. There was really nothing new.... even the TSV looks like another sweater.  I have purchased many sweaters over the years and don't need another one that looks almost identical as I have all the colors that have been offered.

Such a shame.... it's like last year's and the year befores left overs....  I was also hoping that the Irish Cottage industry would be back making engraved wood stools, convertable ladders and incredible items that were offered years ago.... I got my stool and wanted the ladder the following year and it never showed up again....

*Sigh*  I'll be watching as I always do hoping there will be some exciting new items.....  Woman Happy

Reading this comment about cottage industry reminded of the 50/50 tours and the variety of offerings, some of which were quirky and fun. 

I wonder if we see so few of these types of offerings because Q has simply gotten so big that the small entrepreneurs and craftsmen simply cannot offer enough product to bring them to air.

Maybe Q could have a "flash segment", limited availability, first come segment once or twice a year where products like those from the 50/50 tours could be offered .

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

I am sick of complaints about programming.  Change the channel for crying out loud.

Why do people act as if QVC exists to entertain them and alleviate their boredome?  Surely there are more productive things to do than sit and watch a shopping channel all day long.

Interesting, isn't it, that you know what a thread entitled 'I'm so sick of...' is going to be about and yet you open it anyway...

Speaking for myself, I have 'changed the channel' and I've rarely looked back...

I also never did watch a shopping channel all day long, having more productive things to do... but when there is almost NEVER anything of interest being programmed anymore, because a huge retail entity has chosen to rely, ad nauseum, on incessant programming of the same ten freakin' brands, well, then, no need to change the channel because I'm not there to begin with... One wonders if THAT is part of their business plan...

People act as though QVC is there to entertain them because they tell us that entertainment is part of their focus and probably too because watching USED TO BE entertaining, at least occasionally. It isn't anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: I am so sick of...

[ Edited ]

Let's call a spade a spade... There hasn't been anything 'fresh' about QVC in the last decade... Their increasing reliance on 'static' programming and their move to increasingly narrow down brands has led to a television shopping experience that could hardly be less appealing... 

The kitchen , as an example, was a Sunday presence, but now it's at least two days a week, often more, with frequent all day 'theme' shows... The glut of host-specific shows, 'theme days', and 'regular' time-slot programming, coupled with the increased reliance on the same ten brands programmed in an oft-repeated and seasonal rotation (fitness and diet along with gardening in late winter, Christmas from July through mid December) has pretty much eliminated anything 'fresh' from the QVC experience.

The vast majority of the programming these days is little more than an endless rotation of the same few brands of clothes, accessories, skincare and makeup, along with mattresses, vacuums, computers, blenders, coffee makers and other small kitchen appliances, cookware and hair care products...  It's so limiting and well beyond boring...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...