Contributor

Re: I Miss The St. Patrick's Day on QVC From Years Past

I also agree. Looked so forward to the 24 hours. We don't even get that anymore. No music, no pub, so many of the original vendors are no longer there. I used to buy many items every March 17th, not so anymore. Only 1 Inis product. The Q is where I discovered this lovely fragrance and wear it often. I have been able to find it locally but still....

I long for the good old days. And don't anyone say I need to move into the 21st century. I have in many, many ways, but the past St Partrick's Day celebrations and products on the Q had me buying more, watching more and enjoying more. (sigh)

Honored Contributor

I usually tune in to see at least some of it, but this year I was busy all day and didn't have a chance to catch any of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jill2dot0 wrote:

I used to take a vacation day on St. Patrick's day just to watch QVC for Irish items.  Years, and years ago - they made a huge deal of it.  Complete with set changes, keeping all the vendors in the "pub" area of the set, live music, lot's of film from Ireland.

It was just a lot of fun, but times change ...

What happened to the Boyne Valley Weavers?

IN the past there were a lot more Irish items then they currently have but I was never a big fan of the "faux" pub set with people sitting around pretending to be having a beer and a jolly good time while the host sold stuff.  It always seem so stilted and forced to me just like other pretend party events that QVC has hosted over the years.

Trusted Contributor

I wished they'd bring in more Beleek with the shamrock design, especially the "everyday" plates, bowls, etc. 

Occasional Contributor

What has happened to the QVC that I used to love? The St Patrick’s Day celebration in such a joke. Obviously costs were cut and it is just no fun any more. I am so tired of seeing shoes, shoes and more shoes...LOGO wear every day and beauty products. Each better tan the one before.  No to mention the pre-recorded programs. It’s St Patrick’s Day, people! For heavens sake! 

Respected Contributor

I used to love the all-day St. Patrick's Day and Rose of Tralee programming.

However, I do believe that there should be an expansion of products available. I've read many suggestions on these forums as to Irish-oriented items that could be offered. This would bring in more income (and isn't that the point?).

QVC should get busy on this ASAP!