Honored Contributor

I INTENSELY, EMPHATICALLY, OVERWHELMINGLY dislike the new Home Page!

[ Edited ]

I have loved QVC since it became QVC and overall I have been an avid shopper through good times and bad, but the new home page is REALLY a problem for me.

I don't understand WHY or HOW it's supposed to be an update or an improvement over what the homepage was in the recent past.

It will not stop me from shopping, but since I can't find things quickly and easily, I'm afraid it might slow my shopping down and cause me to find less things that I might be interested in buying.

Advertising/technical department of QVC- please count my "nay" vote. Kudos on the new boards (I see huge change there for the better)  but THUMBS DOWN TO THE NEW HOME PAGE

Honored Contributor

Re: I INTENSELY, EMPHATICALLY, OVERWHELMING dislike the new Home Page!

@violann

I totally agree with you! Like the new forums, hate the 'new' homepage.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: I INTENSELY, EMPHATICALLY, OVERWHELMINGLY dislike the new Home Page!

Because I haven't been shopping lately, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the changes, but now I'm curious.  What do you dislike so intensely?

I'm sure there are things because I'm still finding odds andf ends here on the Boards that confuse me.  I'm dealing with it, but some days when I can't find something, I also can't remember just how it used to be and the home page is probably just that way for me, too.  I can't remember what's new and what's old.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for it either, but personally think the homepage is among the least of their woes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I bookmarked the kitchen forum and go from there.  I never even look at the home page.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Because I haven't been shopping lately, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the changes, but now I'm curious.  What do you dislike so intensely?

I'm sure there are things because I'm still finding odds andf ends here on the Boards that confuse me.  I'm dealing with it, but some days when I can't find something, I also can't remember just how it used to be and the home page is probably just that way for me, too.  I can't remember what's new and what's old.

LOL- I actually had to think about it!

I guess it's that I want everything to be predictable and habitual!

Now I'm having to do an extra step to find recently prešented items, I can NEVER FIND Lunchtime Specials, and I'm signing in every time I turn around.

I DO get along OK on the new boards, though.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

LOL- I actually had to think about it!

I guess it's that I want everything to be predictable and habitual!

Now I'm having to do an extra step to find recently prešented items, I can NEVER FIND Lunchtime Specials, and I'm signing in every time I turn around.

I DO get along OK on the new boards, though.

@violann

Yep, all that plus the idex on the left side of the home page made it much easier to navigate.

I also have to sign in all the time....grrrr!

I will sign in to my account (which is a secure area) and then I'll still have to sign in again to get on the forums (a non-secure area)? Why???

Oh yeah, the Lunchtime specials comes scootin' across the screen, while I try to run it down....haven't seen a lunchtime special since the change.

Another beef of mine.....lately it takes a loooong time to change a page for some reason (not my browser, I tried most of them).

Sigh.....oh well, I'll get over it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I never check out the homepage, I go directly to the subjects I enjoy.  I find the homepage useless and uninteresting....  don't even enjoy looking over the blogs.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I'm truly so surprised to read so much negativity on Q's new layout of the homepage. I for one love it!! It's such a huge improvement and everything is basically spelled out right in front of you. I had no trouble adjusting at all...zero learning curve. I do realize some people just have a problem with change in general though. I'm always willing to learn new things. Change can be good if you allow yourself to want to experience it. 

There's nothing that is "hidden" or hard to find like some people are saying. It's all there, it can't be any more clear in my opinion, just click around and explore. 

I also find the boards such a breeze now and am very happy with that change too. It's all so easy to navigate. 

Frequent Contributor

I also do not like the new Homepage layout.  For one thing, it's too busy with graphics overload.  But my biggest complaint is that, as was mentioned above, the index used to be on the left; easily seen and easily navigated.  "Forums" was listed there, right off the bat.  Now we have to scroll down through six or seven different (distracting) groups of product photos, then one or two more groups of 'informational' verbiage, then, if we search REALLY hard, there is "Blogs and Forums", in teeny tiny print.  My thought is that for whatever reason, the Q doesn't want us to find and use this site.  They seem to be making it more difficult for us, just like HSN did with their forum site, which is even harder to locate than this one is.  I never go there anymore.  It used to be quite robust, but from what I gather, it's pretty dull.  ~~~~   Q's homepage just throws more products in our faces, along with their credit card ads, to convince us to BUY BUY BUY.  The last thing they want us doing is wasting their precious time and space chatting amongst ourselves, or even worse, sharing negative info about them or their products.