Occasional Contributor

Re: Hosts ordering during presentation

Yes, but sometimes I wonder if that is just a sales gimmick, thinking they will influence the viewers, I think a lot what they say should be taken tongue in cheek!

Respected Contributor

They think that saying they are purchasing makes us want to buy whatever ****** they are selling. Just like the beauty shows with the before and after pics. Notice the lighting is always different and they NEVER start with a bare face to apply anything.

It is all called SMOKE AND MIRRORS. Dupe the buyer into buying into the sales pitch not the product.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

I believe it was JIll on YHJ. I heard it too and waited to see if anyone picked up on it.

so tacky is right.

Honored Contributor

How do you spell sales gimmick?  

Hosts.purchasing.during.presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

Does anyone else find it unprofessional for a host to be ordering for themself during a presentation - especially one that may sell out?  For some reason it doesn't seem right. I thought they had a chance before the item is presented as a perk of being a host, but maybe I am wrong.  The other night a host who I will not name was presenting something new that was selling out fast.  She asked her producer while on air presenting to order her 2 of the item and a few minutes later it sold out.  What if you were a customer waiting on line or on the phone to place your order but you lost out because the host got the last one!

You don't really believe that, do you?

Come on!

Everybody knows that it's a sales tatic!

They want the viewers to think that if the host is getting it, then it must be good!

They are not really buying the stuff on air.

Don't believe everything that the hosts say.

Respected Contributor

Well it appears from the replys to this thread I started that the majority of you think I am naive/gullible.  I have been told that before.  I think I am an eternal optomist that looks for the good in people.  I intended to complain about the practice of a host purchasing while on air, not speaking badly about a particular host.  I have seen many of the hosts ordering while presenting and I was suggesting that this did not seem professional.  I am going to stay off the boards for a while as I feel some of the replys were attacking me and I take things too personally.  I am not an idiot!

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Well it appears from the replys to this thread I started that the majority of you think I am naive/gullible.  I have been told that before.  I think I am an eternal optomist that looks for the good in people.  I intended to complain about the practice of a host purchasing while on air, not speaking badly about a particular host.  I have seen many of the hosts ordering while presenting and I was suggesting that this did not seem professional.  I am going to stay off the boards for a while as I feel some of the replys were attacking me and I take things too personally.  I am not an idiot!

Please ignore the above post.  I tried to delete it but can't.  I realize not everyone shares my opinion and I shouldn't post anything if I am not going to be open to remarks - that is what the boards are for - right!!!???!!!  I agree about sales tactics but didn't stop to think this was one of them!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

Please ignore the above post.  I tried to delete it but can't.  I realize not everyone shares my opinion and I shouldn't post anything if I am not going to be open to remarks - that is what the boards are for - right!!!???!!!  I agree about sales tactics but didn't stop to think this was one of them!!

To delete a post, go to the upper right-hand corner of your post where you see the three dots ***.

Click on the dots, and that opens a drop down box.

The second option is "Delete".

Click on that.

hth (hope this helps)

Honored Contributor

naw, that doesn't bother me--just a ploy; but I'm not a fan of SK shaving her underarms on TV--or sanding feet either--gross!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Desperation ploy....