Respected Contributor

I've noticed many, many comments about Alberti P being a great host and calling upon QVC to utilize him more and at different hours.  I've been watching him for some time now but I wonder if it's gone to his head (and I have noticed this about other new hosts) that once the compliments start piling in that maybe it goes to their head.  The last three or four times I've watched him I noticed a change in his presentations.  He's getting somewhat pushy and not letting the vendor get their comments in.  I think he's trying too hard.  It's a give and take relationship - host and vendor.  I wish they would realize this.

Honored Contributor

I think he has days when he's more excitable than normal.  Too much coffee perhaps.  Or he's becoming like many of the other hosts - very animated and high pressure.

Respected Contributor

Doesn't everyone do this with their job as they get used to it and are often more knowledgeable than their vendors?  

Also, I suspect there is a constant review of host performance by the bosses of QVC to continue to get the numbers up. 

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. So don't be so critical of an excellent host. 

Respected Contributor

I think they make them watch their presentations and offer "advice" on how to make them QVC-like. (I know they do this on other channels, because hosts mention it.

I like him anyway.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think there is pressure to sell a dollar amount during each presentation and that probably influences your time slots.I think he wants to get into the prime time and so the pressure is on.

Honored Contributor

I've never understood all the fuss about him.  I can't watch him.

Respected Contributor

I think all the hosts change over time, usually not for the better. 

It it is all about sales it seems.

I am sure they are pushed by the higher ups as in any other job to perform better and faster, with profit in mind, of course. And, some hosts  just seem to handle it better than others though... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I've noticed many, many comments about Alberti P being a great host and calling upon QVC to utilize him more and at different hours.  I've been watching him for some time now but I wonder if it's gone to his head (and I have noticed this about other new hosts) that once the compliments start piling in that maybe it goes to their head.  The last three or four times I've watched him I noticed a change in his presentations.  He's getting somewhat pushy and not letting the vendor get their comments in.  I think he's trying too hard.  It's a give and take relationship - host and vendor.  I wish they would realize this.

It's all about sales, right?  He's probably more pushy because he needs his sales to go up.  Perhaps this is the key for him to be on during prime time. 

Honored Contributor

I noticed a change too but I think it must be the producers or whoever runs this and coaches the hosts-to be faster, louder, and thus less sincere,~sad that they keep doing this.

Someone up there thinks louder, faster means being excited about a product! No it just encourages a channel change!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I've noticed that kind of change even with Valerie!

And I do think like Java-Queen said they are coached to become more "QVC-like"-which to me is not helping sales at all, since that seems to mean-false,fast,and furious talking.

Who wants to listen to that for too long? It rattles the mind so that I can't and don't want to absorb what they are talking about. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"