Trusted Contributor

Hmmm...QVC, Advanced Orders May Not Be a Good Idea

On the day Kim Gravel had her TSV (Soft French Terry Hoodie), by the end of the day almost all of the options in my size were sold out.  Also, the separate purchase for the matching crops were also sold out.

Today when I checked, all of the options in my size for the hoodie are now available and also all of the matching crops options (except for 1 option) are also now available.

It appears while customers are waiting for their Advanced Orders they are changing their mind and cancelling orders.  In my opinion, it appears it may not be a great idea for QVC to continue with "Advanced Orders".

Honored Contributor

Re: Hmmm...QVC, Advanced Orders May Not Be a Good Idea

For me, the arrival time of this shirt makes no difference as I won't wear it until fall anyway.  I imagine most people in warmer climates feel the same way.  Just get it to me by October. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I agree -- I think the same thing happened to the Jason Wu TSV dress. People were upset that they were available again, but at the higher price.

It gives you too much time to think, "Do I really need this?" and the easy option to cancel.

Honored Contributor

Scheduling TSV and on air items is done WAY in advance.

It could be that a delay caused the item to not be available at air time.

It would be a nightmare to cancel/change the itinerary/shows so advanced may be the only option. 

I am sure QVC is tracking the cancellations and is aware of the issue.  They don't want to lose sales, but if it didn't come in, what else are you going to do?

Regular Contributor

I ordered that top also and have been checking on it daily and yesterday it said I am to receive it July 12! I ordered it on June 3! I canceled it! I'm not waiting a month and a half for a product. I can't believe qvc thinks this is sn acceptable way of doing business. 

Esteemed Contributor

@annie57 wrote:

I ordered that top also and have been checking on it daily and yesterday it said I am to receive it July 12! I ordered it on June 3! I canceled it! I'm not waiting a month and a half for a product. I can't believe qvc thinks this is sn acceptable way of doing business. 

I live in an area where we get Summer, then Fall.  If it's an item to be worn for Summer, I'd want it fairly quickly so I could make use of it.  I wouldn't wait weeks for a seasonal clothing item as it would make no sense to me and not benefit me whatsoever. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I don't like advanced orders and will not order that way for anything.. 

When I order something from anywhere, I want to receive it promptly.