Trusted Contributor

Hey,Q, I'm getting a little worried

I am getting a tad worried.  An order I placed November 20 still hasn't shipped.  If it's taking so long for items to ship now,how on earth are you going to handle shipping when the holiday crunch hits? Sorry,but if things continue to be shipped so slowly,I will have to look elsewhere for the rest of my gift shopping. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hey,Q, I'm getting a little worried

I agree.  I don't remember them ever saying anymore "you'll be getting it in your home in 7-10 days".  Because IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!  I wouldn't be ordering anything within 2 weeks of Christmas - becuase it's likely you won't get it on time. 

Honored Contributor

You might be okay.  I did hear a host say that what she was selling would be there within the 7-10 days as usual, but also I know all kinds of delivery is beyond slow!

The tax bill on my condo got caught up in my transition from NY to Fl.  It was mailed from FL on 11/1,  It was marked for forwarding on 11/5.  I received it on 11/24 - 19 days later, 23 days after its first mailing.   And that's just an envelope.   (I didn't even wait for the PO - went online and got a bill which was paid before the official copy showed up --and my PO wonders why I put everything I can online!)             -

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year, we received a letter from the county tax collector, assessing us a $500+ fine for late payment of property tax.  Made no sense to us, but the letter inluded a photocopy of the envelope we had sent, showing a postmark of January, when we had mailed the payment in November.  Our  check was dated in November, and because  we personally drop our mail in the outdoor box at the post office,  it couldn't have been lost anywhere EXCEPT at the post office

We  objected mightily to this injustice.  The tax office originally  was unsympathetic, and so was the postmaster.  He actually had the nerve to point out that we had never complained in the past about delivery problems, and implied this meant we had no reason to complain now.  My husband wrote a long, pointed letter listing some of the MANY times we had experienced weird and inconvenient problems with our mail delivery.   We had just not considered it worthwhile to complain much about it when it happened. 

Months later, we received an unexpected refund of the tax penalty from the county, which probably  was based on my husband 's letter noting  our many decades of prompt tax payments, his insistence that it was not our fault that the check was postmarked and received months too late, and all the times our mail has been screwed up in the past . 

We are now making payments online to avoid this disaster in the future.

Then there was  the certified mail sent to us by our attorney that was simply placed in our mailbox the next day, with the signature card attached but after no effort by the postal carrier to have us personally sign for this important piece of mail.  That certified mailing cost the attorney (and of course, us, because it was included in his fee) a whopping $10 for absolutely no extra service or special handling.

And then there was the gift card from LL Bean that I ordered for someone, way in advance of Christmas.  It showed up in my mailbox the following AUGUST!!!  Of course, I had already called LL Bean a few days before Christmas, wondering where the card was.  They didn't know but simply canceled it and sent me another one.  That first card had mysteriously  floated around somewhere before reaching our address eight months later.

Delivery sometimes means "non-delivery", and I've become convinced that some mail gets buried deep within the post office building and doesn't emerge from a hiding place for a long time.

Honored Contributor

What I find SO frustrating is ordering something from the Q and go to cancel it 3 hours later and I can't because they say it's "too far into the shipping process" to cancel.... YET it takes another 3 or 4 days to process the item and actually ship it!  

I just received an order from Bed, Bath & Beyond that I made Tues 24 Nov (on my doorstep today at noon 11/ 27).... big old coat rack with free shipping!!  *smile* 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Last year, we received a letter from the county tax collector, assessing us a $500+ fine for late payment of property tax.  Made no sense to us, but the letter inluded a photocopy of the envelope we had sent, showing a postmark of January, when we had mailed the payment in November.  Our  check was dated in November, and because  we personally drop our mail in the outdoor box at the post office,  it couldn't have been lost anywhere EXCEPT at the post office

We  objected mightily to this injustice.  The tax office originally  was unsympathetic, and so was the postmaster.  He actually had the nerve to point out that we had never complained in the past about delivery problems, and implied this meant we had no reason to complain now.  My husband wrote a long, pointed letter listing some of the MANY times we had experienced weird and inconvenient problems with our mail delivery.   We had just not considered it worthwhile to complain much about it when it happened. 

Months later, we received an unexpected refund of the tax penalty from the county, which probably  was based on my husband 's letter noting  our many decades of prompt tax payments, his insistence that it was not our fault that the check was postmarked and received months too late, and all the times our mail has been screwed up in the past . 

We are now making payments online to avoid this disaster in the future.

Then there was  the certified mail sent to us by our attorney that was simply placed in our mailbox the next day, with the signature card attached but after no effort by the postal carrier to have us personally sign for this important piece of mail.  That certified mailing cost the attorney (and of course, us, because it was included in his fee) a whopping $10 for absolutely no extra service or special handling.

And then there was the gift card from LL Bean that I ordered for someone, way in advance of Christmas.  It showed up in my mailbox the following AUGUST!!!  Of course, I had already called LL Bean a few days before Christmas, wondering where the card was.  They didn't know but simply canceled it and sent me another one.  That first card had mysteriously  floated around somewhere before reaching our address eight months later.

Delivery sometimes means "non-delivery", and I've become convinced that some mail gets buried deep within the post office building and doesn't emerge from a hiding place for a long time.

You are absolutely right!  I sell on eBay and deal with the post office continually.  I know from experience that some areas of the country are far worse than others and in those instances I not only spring for insurance but I also pay for a Signature Required!  These two things have made a huge difference in whether or not the item actually gets delivered and not lost (or I get a refund) and it also cuts down on the pilfering (by requiring a signature) that goes on within the PO itself (in some areas more than others)... and also protects me from buyers who say they never received the item....

The PO could indeed be a lot better than it is, especially for the amount you pay to ship.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
QVC Customer Care

@2zbeach

Would you like me to investigate this for you? Just send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order# and I will get back to you.

Beth

Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

I have also learned if your purchase ends up in Swedesboro,you might as well kiss it goodbye.  Swedesboro is where Q orders go to die and never be heard from again. I've had this happen and so have others.  I think signature required might be a good idea,but it is an inconvenience if you work. C'mon,Q,deal with some of these issues.

Trusted Contributor

Hi,Beth,

Thanks for your offer,but I just checked order status and the item has gone to backorder.....sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

What I find SO frustrating is ordering something from the Q and go to cancel it 3 hours later and I can't because they say it's "too far into the shipping process" to cancel.... YET it takes another 3 or 4 days to process the item and actually ship it!  

I just received an order from Bed, Bath & Beyond that I made Tues 24 Nov (on my doorstep today at noon 11/ 27).... big old coat rack with free shipping!!  *smile* 

Happens all the time. I mean, with other retailers... And yet somehow, for some reason known only to them, some will defend the Q until their last breath... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...