Frequent Contributor

Some may recall when various blogs used to comment (strongly) on Lisa R’s self tan. Watching Jennifer C today. Lisa would “pale” by comparison.  

Respected Contributor

Looks a bit overdone.

Esteemed Contributor

And they have emphasized it does NOT make you orangy. Well then my tv needs adjusting. Plus I mentioned in another thread, their elbows!! Josie's especially, she's in serious need of remembering to rub it in. A couple of the models as well, really really brown elbows.

Honored Contributor

I have never found a self tanner that was natural looking and did not transfer some, but I wish I could.

Respected Contributor

I have found Tan Towel to be the best and so easy to apply. I order from HSN, but is available at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

My girl friend uses the tan towels....she is orange and streaky, especially her legs.

Honored Contributor

I have tried many self tanners and ALWAYS----they start to smell like dirty feet after a few hours----so gross---the color is ok on my skin but the smell gags me. I thought it was only me, but hubby even tried a few and the same thing happened. These were not cheap or off brands either. So I don't bother anymore. I do use bronzers on occasion tho--that seems to do just fine for me. Think overly tan skin during this time of year , looks weird; unless you are someplace where the climate is always sunny and warm. Just me!!!

Respected Contributor

I have never been tempted to use fake tan lotion. The results are evident on the models who, I assume, had professional help applying the stuff, and still had issues. Josie looked baked. I would rather be my own skin tone than streaky, have skin ridges with uneven color, or an orange hue. 

Honored Contributor

There are some people who just do not look good in a deep tan.  I just look dirty.  My skin won't tan in real life and faux tans look surreal..... same with some of the hosts. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

A long time ago I learned to embrace my pale skin.  I don't feel the need to self tan.  In my opinion, people look best in the shade they were born with.  Natural skin looks better than the stain most get on knees, hands, elbows and ankles.  It makes them look like they forgot to wash that area.  Not to mention the streaks that can occur.