Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever heard a doctor's visit referred to this way?

@newlook456 wrote:

Go easy on this girl.  She's pregnant.  Maybe they get cues from management to talk about their personal lives for everyone out there who likes that.  Some do it lightly.  Others rely heavily on speaking about themselves to keep people interested.

That's the thing... it isn't keeping some of us interested... Au contraire... And incidentally, last time I looked, pregnancy was an elective condition... 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

WOW!

Some people on this forum will pick apart every.single.thing.  a host says, does, wears...

So, she knows the gender and has named their baby...?  

...And she shares that info because she is happily anticipating his arrival?

This is something for discussion on whether or not it is proper, or acceptable by anyone other than the parents involved?

Shame on people.  Just shame.  

Esteemed Contributor

We're not in the Stone Age any more.  Medical science has greatly advanced.  Many parents choose to learn the gender of their child.  They have chosen a name and use it when referring to the unborn child as opposed to "the baby" or "It".  It's not a bad thing or weird thing.

Honored Contributor

I never had to announce I was pregnant, people just assumed I was.  That's because I had four beautiful baby girls in four and a half years.  And I didn't have a neat little belly either, I looked like a pumpkin (I even dressed that way at one Halloween party).  I wore the same tired pregnancy clothes for all four pregnancies.  One could not wear regular clothing when pregnant in those days. 

After having my tubes tied at the birth of my fourth little girl, I threw all of those clothes out!!  I hated being pregnant, but loved my sweet babies, so I never regretted it.

Fortunately, I went back to my old body which I hardly recognized.  Regular clothing styles had changed, but I was a stay at home mom for eight years, so I didn't buy anything new.  Just went back to my Levi's and t shirts, and bought a few patterns to make a couple of newer styled outfits (bell bottomed crazy patterned pants with tops to match) for when we went out, which was rarely.  Styles were awful in those days.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

This is such a non issue.  Find something else to fixate on.