Frequent Contributor

Re: Have you ever heard a doctor's visit referred to this way?

Maybe she has been getting messages from viewers on what sex name etc. This is her way of telling people. Be happy for her.
Honored Contributor

no and that is kind of annoying to me. Just as annoying as when people say "we" are pregnant. NO, I am pregnant, WE are NOT pregnant.

Honored Contributor

If she knows, that's fine.  I've had friends that said something cute or funny.  We just chalked it up to a good personality.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Tt remeinds me of couples who refer to the pregnancy as "we are pregnant"...always sort of bugged me becasue no the man isn't pregnant.

AMEN.  No man is ever pregnant!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

In my earlier post I mentioned my niece losing her baby at 17 weeks.  At that time they didn't know the sex yet.  When he was born, they did give him a name and decided on cremation.  I feel our family now has a little Guardian Angel watching over us.  Heart

Honored Contributor

It's a baby.  If they have chosen the name, why not?   I like it.  

We didn't know the gender before birth and had a nickname we called each baby before they were born...and we called the baby by that name.  I think a name/nickname is a whole lot better than it.

Honored Contributor

For me, and I suspect for some others, the issue isn't whether or not she knows the baby's gender, clearly she does, nor is it that she's chosen already to name the child. The issue is that just as with her last pregnancy, she's chosen to make it a central focus of her time on-air. Some might find it endearing. I find it rather cloying and annoying...

And no, "we" don't get pregnant. Before there was a "we" or an "us" there was a "you" and there was a "me" and not every aspect of life can or should be shared simply because two people are in a relationship.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Well said, Stevieb -- people have babies, get pregnant, get married, get a new job...all kinds of events, wonderful!!  They don't go on TV and talk about it often, or put  new pictures up on their facebook page, daily.  If they do......hmmmmmmmmm.  That's an issue.

If you are excited about your addition, as you should be, share that with your close friends and family.

Announce it on air, if you feel the need.  That should be good, we heard it and we're happy for you. Done.

People phone in and ask you about it, go for it.  Otherwise, we got it.

We have two children and are over the moon about them.  The whole world doesn't know about our daily lives.

IMO

Honored Contributor

Gee, I thought I was a grouch sometimes. I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the issues here  that seem to irritate you all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Go easy on this girl.  She's pregnant.  Maybe they get cues from management to talk about their personal lives for everyone out there who likes that.  Some do it lightly.  Others rely heavily on speaking about themselves to keep people interested.