Super Contributor

HELP- I keep ending up back at the top of the forum page!

[ Edited ]

I hope someone can help me figure this out because I'm not tech savvy at all and this is beyond frusrating. Every time I open a thread to read then hit the back button to go back to the list of threads, it takes me back to the very top of the page instead of where I left off. Am I the only one this is happening to & can anyone tell me how I get it back to where my back button takes me back on the page where I was (i.e. top, middle or bottom of page)?  I hope I'm explaining it in a way that makes sense. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

ETA....forgot to say that when I hit the back button it immediately goes back and shows where I was before but then it jumps right to the top of the page. I'm using a tablet but have never had the this problem before. I really enjoy these forums and read more than I post (lost over 3,000 posts with this "new & improved") but will have to say goodbye if I can't get this working right. QVC, you can add me to the growing list of people here who won't be buying from you anymore because I bought a lot based on reviews from posts on these boards and I've been a customer for 26 years. 

Super Contributor

Re: HELP- I keep ending up back at the top of the forum page!

On my tablet, (kfhdx) when I hit the back button, it goes to the top but then in a second it adjusts and scrolls itself down..if that makes any sense!

I can understand your frustration, but try and remember the days of desktop monitors and towers...not to mention "dial-up" internet, which many here may have started "surfing the web" with! 

Hope your problem has a solution...it might help if you post what brand tablet and which browser you are using? good luck

Esteemed Contributor

Hi 'gal...your frustration is completely understandable and shared by many.  My frustration turned to disgust yesterday.  This is part snark, part trying to be helpful...

< snark on > You could send The Team an email and I'm sure they'll be happy to help as soon as possible.  (Don't bother with the "ask your question" threads.)  Please let us know how the walk-thru goes! < /snark off >

~~~~~~

AS POSTED ON OTHER THREADS
QVC Customer Care
Brittany-QVC 
Please feel free to e-mail us at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and we'll help you out anyway we can. Including a walk through if you'd like! 
~~~~~~

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Hi Lobstergal - it is very good to see you posting.

It does the same thing to me too. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Thanks fitnessfreak. Yes I do remember the dial up days and how it would take forever to go from one page to the next....things sure have come a long way since then!  I have an acer tablet and I hate to sound ignorant but I don't know what browser it uses. My late husband was the computer guru and always helped me with these things but I'm on my own now and clueless about this stuff. 

Super Contributor

Ha-ha thanks for the snark/humor MacDuff! I did post my question on a thread started by the Q team where they said they'll be answering questions but the only one answering are other posters and nobody replied to me there. I guess I'll email them and will see if they can help me....and will post if they do.

Super Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hi Lobstergal - it is very good to see you posting.

It does the same thing to me too. 

Hi birdmama, nice to see you! I haven't been posting lately because I think I have a pinched nerve in my hand so it's hard and very painful to type. I hope I can get this figured out because the screen jumping around the way it does gives me a headache, plus it's very time consuming having to constantly go back to the top of the page and scroll through everything over & over again. 

Super Contributor

Just saw your post..have things improved? You have an Acer tablet, so possibly the CHROME browser. The browser is where you type in www.qvc.com (or wherever) and the website comes up. Also, do you use an external keyboard, usually part of a case/cover of tablet...or do you use the onboard touch keyboard? Sometimes it seems to move slower w the touchscreen keyboard.

Anyway, please post w any questions about ur acer...my grandson of 10 is a Master Acer User!! lol
Respected Contributor

I still can't find my replies to other posts, or my prior posts at all! HATE THIS!!!