Respected Contributor

Boy, that movie has become applicable to a lot of situations.

Seeing the TSV of a Duraflame heater made me think of it.  Nothing wrong with the product, but I feel like I've seen it every year.  I have watched since maybe 2005.

Christmas getting earlier every year and endless repetition of products has me watching very little anymore.  I guess that's an okay thing.

Just seems like there are SO MANY products in the world that a company like QVC could offer more variety.

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

Amen Hyacinth!  Thank goodness I don't have small children anymore.  Rather than remembering what the season is all about, I get more and more distressed over the fact that it is being exploited earlier and earlier every year.  I think we all know when it is.  Heaven knows I've been on this earth nearly 70 years and remember the "good old days" when families got into the Christmas Spirit after Thanksgiving.  It was a much gentler and more civilized time I guess.  I realize times have changed, but so has the economy and it pains me to see the holiday season shoved down people's throats.  I know I cannot afford to celebrate it and haven't been able to for many moons.  My fondest wish would be for everyone to remember truly what this season is about........it isn't all for the retailers!  I know I am not going to be popular with this comment, just stating my opinion!Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Texussgal wrote:

Amen Hyacinth!  Thank goodness I don't have small children anymore.  Rather than remembering what the season is all about, I get more and more distressed over the fact that it is being exploited earlier and earlier every year.  I think we all know when it is.  Heaven knows I've been on this earth nearly 70 years and remember the "good old days" when families got into the Christmas Spirit after Thanksgiving.  It was a much gentler and more civilized time I guess.  I realize times have changed, but so has the economy and it pains me to see the holiday season shoved down people's throats.  I know I cannot afford to celebrate it and haven't been able to for many moons.  My fondest wish would be for everyone to remember truly what this season is about........it isn't all for the retailers!  I know I am not going to be popular with this comment, just stating my opinion!Smiley Frustrated

Couldn't  agree with you more. It's all about the almighty dollar. I understand getting gifts for kids and all that but people shouldn't have to feel they need to go into debt to pay for it. Christmas used to be a month long now it's six months. No wonder people are depressed when it finally gets here. They hype the constant "Hallmark" Christmas when in reality very few people actually have that. 

Honored Contributor

The heater is an upgrade from previous years and we won't have to see it as a TSV at least once a month like a Dyson.   Otherwise, I agree.

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Boy, that movie has become applicable to a lot of situations.

Seeing the TSV of a Duraflame heater made me think of it.  Nothing wrong with the product, but I feel like I've seen it every year.  I have watched since maybe 2005.

Christmas getting earlier every year and endless repetition of products has me watching very little anymore.  I guess that's an okay thing.

Just seems like there are SO MANY products in the world that a company like QVC could offer more variety.

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

You said everything I wanted to say only more succintly.  I am so freaking tired I can't see straight.  DH is recovering from surgery for colon, bladder & prostate cancer and requires a lot of time and tending to.  I'm not used to this as he is a very self-sufficient person, or I should say was.  Bless his heart, I know this is rough for him.  Too bad I'm not as young as I used to be and could multi-task so much easier than I can now.  Gonna try and catch a nap. 

Honored Contributor

Yep, the variety flew the coop along with the quality and the value...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...