Frequent Contributor

Selling a ladder during a kitchen show, facial products during a fashion show -  don't you think that people tune in to the kitchen show to see kitchen products and food products or to see fashions on a fashion show?  I can almost make a case for the facial products on a fashion show, but a ladder during a kitchen show?!  Really?

Honored Contributor

Have to reach my punch bowl in that high cabinet.

Contributor

I was just wanting to comment on the subject! What is going on?

On Sunday during ITKWD they also brought in the Shark vacum cleaner it was the TSV.

I changed channels right away. Of course the ladder came on during another kitchen show. This is ridicolous......A good way to turn  potential customers away.

Esteemed Contributor

Watching it - said to self - there will be a negative posting tonight about a ladder during a kitchen show.    Perhaps because a ladder is the special value for the day - could have something to do with it.    Perhaps?

Honored Contributor

@lrbrb

In the past, it used to be if the TSV didn't make sense for the show (i.e. ladder in a kitchen show) there would not be a TSV presentation....however, it looks like QVC has abandonded that way of thinking and now presents anything and everything regardless of the show's theme that is currently going on......There was even a Bose music system presented during In The Kitchen With David (music while you cook, I guess---LOL)......It's downright ridiculous and when they repeat the TSV several times during one show---well it just makes me turn the channel, if I'm not in the market for the TSV I won't be watching a 2nd or 3rd presentation....

And I always hated havin to endure beauty produucts and cosmetic and hair care tools during fashion shows too.....QVC has enough days and programs devoted to the Beauty category and now even their newest, Beauty IQ.....so can't we be spared and have just a true fashion show instead of half of that beauty items!!!!).......  

And those that want to say...."well it must work for QVC for them to do this"....but the truth is QVC's revenues have been declinig the last few quarters, so it's NOT working for them....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I agree with all ya all.  I think they put the TSV in front of David because he can sell sell sell.  You know, the "bridge" reference or he can sell ice to cold people!  HA!

Honored Contributor

Guess Q has to put something in to fill that 3 hour slot since lately not many "kitchen" related products in the shows. I did notice 1/2 the show was more food and when I switched on today it was a 4 hour Gourmet Holiday -- geez....

David say Sunday is "all day cooking day". I did hear Blue Jean Chef Meredith say they would be introducing the dinnerware shown (not my style) in the demo for the microwave items she presented.  Although, I wonder how many new items are scheduled for 24 hours. 

I took a look look at the Sunday program guide and nothing listed I haven't seen before, but, it says "all special offers" guess that means ez pay!

Honored Contributor

You'll never see a Breezies TSV on Sundays or Wednesdays because they would have David selling bras while he was cooking a pot roast. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You'll never see a Breezies TSV on Sundays or Wednesdays because they would have David selling bras while he was cooking a pot roast. 

I saw Dan Wheeler filling in for one of the female hosts, it was an emergency.  He had to present a Breezies bra.  It was pretty funny and he joked about it, but he really did a good job.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Watching it - said to self - there will be a negative posting tonight about a ladder during a kitchen show.    Perhaps because a ladder is the special value for the day - could have something to do with it.    Perhaps?

Yup, every Wednesday night you can bet your life you'll see this.