Respected Contributor

Found this a strange statement

Was watching a few minutes of philosophy early this morning.  I can't think of her name - the blonde lady who comes on at night for them.

Host was Stacey.  They were talking about the microdelivery peel (2 piece one).  So Stacey launches into this thing about how she goes for a 3 step peel (I think to an esthetician) every month.

I found that odd, considering they were trying to SELL a home peel to the audience!

Sometimes I think the hosts THINK they need to say something and they really shouldn't!  The rep from philosophy does a fine job of explaining her product, and I think she was a little taken back by the thing about the 3 step peel!

Sometimes, saying less is more!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Found this a strange statement

Used to bother me hearing hosts go on and on owning every item in duplicates. Yesterday, CG while selling LG makeup exclaimed!! Her mascara the best of the best! While that may be true, Seen her hail other mascara the same exact way. Which brings me back to your observation, More importantly, Than less is more. Tuning out!! For my sanity, Do this often or change the channel. Frankly, Shop Qvc online, TV minimally. By the way! Love Philosophy skin care.💋
Respected Contributor

LOL...There are a lot of strange statements coming from the show host's! Some good, some not so good and some are hilarious! Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I agree with  @happygolfcartrider That the hosts do say some stuff that makes ya think..huh?and then at times you think ahah.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  Was the blonde Philosophy lady Dara?

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Used to bother me hearing hosts go on and on owning every item in duplicates. Yesterday, CG while selling LG makeup exclaimed!! Her mascara the best of the best! While that may be true, Seen her hail other mascara the same exact way. Which brings me back to your observation, More importantly, Than less is more. Tuning out!! For my sanity, Do this often or change the channel. Frankly, Shop Qvc online, TV minimally. By the way! Love Philosophy skin care.💋

I was just brought back to this recently by CG.  And please understand that I really like her and have no problem listening to her at all however if she does indeed own everything she says she does (and maybe that's true)....  she's there to sell.

Everything she says is to sell.  She does a great  job of it and explains things very well but her "owning" it personally does not make me want to buy it.  I know she's a sales person and a good one, and I wish her nothing but the best because I like her personality..... but listening to her she owns everything (and in duplicates) as does her Mom and Dad and everyone close to her......  it's a marketing strategy that just doesn't work on me.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I know what you are saying.  I am tired of hearing the hosts go on and on about what they have.  I am certainly not jealous, but it does get to be a little extreme.  The comments of what they own, how much and how many, etc. gets to be a little unnerving.  I might be inclined to own multiples of things if I was a show host too.  While I don't mind comments that are meant to clarify a product, I could care less how much they own or what their habits are.  If I could afford to go to an aesthetician, I might not look every bit of my soon to be 70 years!!!!!  LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why the host's all think they have to say they own everything, are the producers telling them to say they do? They have to know that the viewing audience picks up on things like that. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

I've often thought SK's personal clothes closet must be bigger than my whole house to hold everything she says she buys. I can just picture her trying to find one specific black garment among a year's purchase of new, unworn black garments.
Honored Contributor

Of course it's a marketing strategy, but so is the rest of their persona. They say and share things they would only with a friend, to draw you in. I just cringe and feel so sorry for women who call in and tell these hosts how much they think of them. These people are salesmen who are trying to separate you from your money for COL! Sorry,back to the post, I didn't see that show, but I can only imagine and I'm not surprised.