Regular Contributor

Exchanges and Return Label fee

I recently returned an item (sweater) and requested an exchange for  a new size.  When I requested the exchange, the new size was available on the QVC web site.  However, I was later notified that the new size was no longer available and a refund was issued.

I just received my QVC billing statement and I was charged a $6.95 Return Label fee for this return.

Is that correct?  I understand that the item ultimately could not be exchanged, but since I requested an exchnage, should the fee have been charged?

Respected Contributor

Re: Exchanges and Return Label fee

A few months ago, I went through the same thing.  It took at least 3 calls, and finally an email to the mods to get the S&H credited back.

Good luck to you.  I no longer order any clothes from Q and rarely place any orders anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Barbara    You should not have been charged a return label fee.  Contact CS for a refund.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Agree...........so many 'gray' areas of possible money issues with the Q

now.......I stay away from fashion buying.

For the OP ?  one answer is correct today; but perhaps not tomorrow....I can't

help you.  Good Luck...............

Regular Contributor

UPDATE:  I contacted QVC and they said they will be issuing a refund.  

Thanks to all.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Barbara   I have only requested an exchange a couple of times.  First time I got the same response as you did, not available when clearly on the website there was product.  I wonder if many people ever get an exchage.

The 2nd time I wanted an exchange I called to let them know and they did send out the new item right away, before they received my item back...but if my returned item was not received with in 30 days, I would be charged for both.

That is the way HSN works, and to me it is much more convenient for the consumer.  I am glad you got your shipping cost back.

Super Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I returned a pair of sneakers for exchange. They never did the exchange, just charged me for the original shipping charges and the label on the box to return. They are absolutely crazy. I will not order shoes or clothes again from QVC. It can cost extreme amounts just to try something on!!

Honored Contributor

@Sister Barbara wrote:

I recently returned an item (sweater) and requested an exchange for  a new size.  When I requested the exchange, the new size was available on the QVC web site.  However, I was later notified that the new size was no longer available and a refund was issued.

I just received my QVC billing statement and I was charged a $6.95 Return Label fee for this return.

Is that correct?  I understand that the item ultimately could not be exchanged, but since I requested an exchnage, should the fee have been charged?

Had kind of the same problem.  QVC bill showed a fee for $6.95 for return/exchange for a new size.  Called CS and she said there was no charge that she could see.  I told her I was looking right at it on my statement.  She finally refunded it.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Barbara 

@Mom2Dogs 

I have successfully done exchanges several times.

You NEED to use the EZ return system.

email them  QVCEasyReturns@qvc.com

Give them all the order info and new size or color you want.

They will respond within a couple days and place the new order for you.

Then just use the prepaid label, schedule a free USPS pickup and return.

If you just sent it back requesting an exchange....by time they get it and process it...chances are your item will be gone.

Honored Contributor

@Deb0509 wrote:

The same thing happened to me. I returned a pair of sneakers for exchange. They never did the exchange, just charged me for the original shipping charges and the label on the box to return. They are absolutely crazy. I will not order shoes or clothes again from QVC. It can cost extreme amounts just to try something on!!

@Deb0509 

I hope you contacted CS or the moderators for a credit.

You should NEVER lose the original shipping or return label fee for an exchange.