Frequent Contributor

Re: Emjoi Hair Remover as a Holiday or Hostess Gift??

Oh and don't forget, it makes an excellent gift for your child's teacher, the school bus driver, your Sunday School teacher, your manicurist, your neighbor, etc. etc......

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, I suppose it's a little classier than giving some deodorant............

Or bathroom de-stinkifier... (aka poo pourri)...

The emjoi vendor works my last nerve anyway, but I was flummoxed either last year or the year before, (I really don't remember which and it really doesn't matter, since this is one of those things the Q insists on selling year after year after year... world without end... as a holiday gift...) when she sat there with a Cheshire cat grin on her face and suggested giving the heel scraper as just 'the perfect hostess gift'...  'And so much more original than that predictable bottle of wine', she went on to say...  Really?  All I could picture was sitting around a fancy holiday table and the hostess throwing her leg up in the air to begin scraping her heels before serving dessert...  They really stretch the bounds of reality (not to mention even marginal taste...) with some of their 'perfect' gift ideas... For me, this one took the cake and is one of the many, many reasons I pretty much stopped watching QVC's all too plentiful 'generic' holiday gift shows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If you give me an emjoi as a hostess gift, you better check your food.   

LOL, just kidding.  I'd be gracious and no one would realize I was also hurt.

Respected Contributor

LOL, it's started already.  All the ridiculous suggestions for gift recipients.  Last night I heard a new one - the violin teacher.  I don't think a personal thing like a hair remover is a good gift to give someone, unless you are very close to them or they specifically ask for it.  Otherwise, I think they'd be offended!

Trusted Contributor

Don't forget the nose hair clippers for the men on your gift list.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

what?? Nothing like giving someone a complex....

"Hello Sasquatch...here's something to help with that hairy situation you got going on there".

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

"Hello Sasquatch...here's something to help with that hairy situation you got going on there".

Why not just make up a nice little gift basket for them and throw in some Poo-Pourri as well?

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Why not just make up a nice little gift basket for them and throw in some Poo-Pourri as well?

And let's not forget to include the callus remover! A trifecta of perfect gifts, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

And let's not forget to include the callus remover! A trifecta of perfect gifts, lol.

@handygal2  I would tell everyone in my circle of family/friends that I was exchanging gifts with that QVC is definitely OFF LIMITS!!!    What basically your telling that person is YOUR HAIRY, YOUR FEET ARE HORRIBLE! AND YOU STINK UP MY BATHROOM!!!.......then everyone join hands and sing WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!---Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@handygal2  I would tell everyone in my circle of family/friends that I was exchanging gifts with that QVC is definitely OFF LIMITS!!!    What basically your telling that person is YOUR HAIRY, YOUR FEET ARE HORRIBLE! AND YOU STINK UP MY BATHROOM!!!.......then everyone join hands and sing WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!---Woman LOL

@Spurt:  LOL!! What a great idea!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~