Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think possibly...

No, I really don't think so. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

No, I seriously doubt it, for several reasons.

First, it would be a violation of QVC's own board rules.

Secondly, and more importantly, the people who participate on these boards represent oly a tiny minority of QVC shoppers, and many of them -- particularly those who post in this forum, are constantly proclaiming how little, if any, they purchase from QVC due to multiple reasons. 

Paying employees to come on these boards to stir interest would be a waste of money when having the same number of employees (or fewer) generate an email from QVC or place a banner ad on QVC's website, both of which would generate significantly more purchases, than "stirring the pot" here.

@KYToby  Funny, but when I read the OP, you were the first person I thought of! Oh, well.......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I've always felt the same way the OP does (just about people who work at QVC posting things.  I don't think they get paid especially to do that, I think they like the company they work for and have prior knowledge about a product.

What drives me crazy are the people (whomever they are) that ALWAYS take up for QVC whenever something negative is posted.  In MY OPINION (just mine people) I've seen it happen many times where there are people when anyone says something negative they will (like 98% of the time take the perspective as if they were speaking for QVC).  Maybe they're just like that in "life"....come to think of it I do know people who aren't affiliated with a company and they will always argue, no matter what.....

Valued Contributor

I dont think QVC would risk doing that for minimal gain but I am sure some of the companies have people who are paid to comment or just do it for the good of the products they represent.

I guess we will never know for sure but one thing I do know  is that the vendors read these comments. More than once I have heard them mention something specififc that was just discussed about a product on the board on the very next show.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Honored Contributor

No, I don't. Maybe there have been occasional indiscretions, but that would be it.

As for the statement that "anything is possible," well, sure. But that  could pass as a good slogan for a conspirator, too.

Just because something is possible, doesn't make it at all likely.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Kardi I've wondered the same thing.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

I dont think QVC would risk doing that for minimal gain but I am sure some of the companies have people who are paid to comment or just do it for the good of the products they represent.

I guess we will never know for sure but one thing I do know  is that the vendors read these comments. More than once I have heard them mention something specififc that was just discussed about a product on the board on the very next show.

While I do not believe QVC has "shadow posters," I have thought from time to time that some of the vendors may have "friends" of their employees who post regularly under the cloak of anonymity.  It's just a shopping channel forum to me, but to the vendor, it could be valuable market research.  Most say they read the comments on qvc.com, but who's to say they don't plant a comment to get the conversation going in a direction that gives them better market research information about their product?

I seriously believe in just these past 2 minutes, I've already given far too much thought as to who posts on these boards, or why. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

some posters on these forums are QVC employees who advance the idea of a certain type of product to stir interest and weeks later theQ then may feature the same or similar product?   I'm wondering because several weeks ago someone posted about how they love a little tool to exfoliate and remove fine facial hair.  I checked it out on another site but today, voila, theTSV is the same thing just more expensive with more bells and whistles.  This wasn't the first time I've seen this happen.

No. Women on these forums (and many others, including beauty blogs and magazines) have been talking about tools like that for quite some time now, so there wasn't really a "there was this one post and then BAM, a TSV" coincidence, for one. Dermaplaning is spa treatment women pay lots of money for and more and more blogs and magazines have been talking about it and ways to do it at home. It's a trend and QVC capitalizes on trends.

For another, I think it's more likely that the people at QVC read the forums looking to see what we're already talking about. The women here were raving about and recommending Paula's Choice products for quite some time before PC products showed up here. I don't think that was a coincidence or QVC plants, that was QVC seeing the obvious.

Selling women something they already love is a better and easier proposition that convincing women to buy something based on a few random posts you plant.

Respected Contributor

What I wonder about are posters here on these boards who are affiliated with other TV shopping channels...HSN and Evine come to mind.

Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

some posters on these forums are QVC employees who advance the idea of a certain type of product to stir interest and weeks later theQ then may feature the same or similar product?   I'm wondering because several weeks ago someone posted about how they love a little tool to exfoliate and remove fine facial hair.  I checked it out on another site but today, voila, theTSV is the same thing just more expensive with more bells and whistles.  This wasn't the first time I've seen this happen.

I've often thought the same thing.  "Too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"