Valued Contributor

some posters on these forums are QVC employees who advance the idea of a certain type of product to stir interest and weeks later theQ then may feature the same or similar product?   I'm wondering because several weeks ago someone posted about how they love a little tool to exfoliate and remove fine facial hair.  I checked it out on another site but today, voila, theTSV is the same thing just more expensive with more bells and whistles.  This wasn't the first time I've seen this happen.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think possibly...

definitely; same as some posters who promote LR are more than likely her friends

Trusted Contributor

No, I seriously doubt it, for several reasons.

First, it would be a violation of QVC's own board rules.

Secondly, and more importantly, the people who participate on these boards represent oly a tiny minority of QVC shoppers, and many of them -- particularly those who post in this forum, are constantly proclaiming how little, if any, they purchase from QVC due to multiple reasons. 

Paying employees to come on these boards to stir interest would be a waste of money when having the same number of employees (or fewer) generate an email from QVC or place a banner ad on QVC's website, both of which would generate significantly more purchases, than "stirring the pot" here.

Respected Contributor

Anything's possible             

Respected Contributor

Yes, Im sure there are.  I have noticed the same type of thing.  Someone mentions a product and several days later its a TSV.  It happens quiete often.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

No, I seriously doubt it, for several reasons.

First, it would be a violation of QVC's own board rules.

Secondly, and more importantly, the people who participate on these boards represent oly a tiny minority of QVC shoppers, and many of them -- particularly those who post in this forum, are constantly proclaiming how little, if any, they purchase from QVC due to multiple reasons. 

Paying employees to come on these boards to stir interest would be a waste of money when having the same number of employees (or fewer) generate an email from QVC or place a banner ad on QVC's website, both of which would generate significantly more purchases, than "stirring the pot" here.

As far as their board rules go, isn't that a bit like the police policing the police?  Like many have said before, it's their forum and they can do as they please with it.  They own it.

Also, posting here would be only one sales strategy and would not preclude a banner or e-mail as well.  A post by an employee would take only a minute or two.  

Valued Contributor

Yes.

I have a mental picture of a vice-president monitoring these boards and jumping to QVC's defense at every opportunity.  Or maybe it's his mother.

Honored Contributor

No way to know.

But then there's no way to know the truth of what anyone posting tells us.

It is, however, illegal for QVC to use their employees in the Forums, so why would they risk that illegality when it's perfectluy legal for them to have their employees write the blogs and tell us about products?

To me, this thread is just another of the anti-QVC messages that make appear so often and make the boards less and less valuable to me.  I really need to wean myself from them because the constant negativity is almost as bad the the negativity of the political campaigns.

I've been working on it -  have read more books this summer than any summer since I retired.  And to that end -  I'm off the Forums for the rest of August    September is just 2 days away.  You may not be rid of me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

All is fair in love and sales promotion.   It is a jungle out there and competition is great.  Look at the financial statements.     :-$

Honored Contributor

Some of the overzealous 'Brand' defenders sure make me wonder sometimes.

IMO, they get too upset if anyone says anything less than glowing about their favorite brand, that surely they must be major stockholders of that brand......or family, friends, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.