Respected Contributor

Do we have to look at Christmas for 6 months?

I am already tired of seeing it the first thing when I go to this homepage.

You're pulling it out earlier each year it feels.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Do we have to look at Christmas for 6 months?

Ditto!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Only if you watch QVC.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

We should enjoy it while we can.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They should just sell the stuff all year round. Christmas every day sale. Stock up before it sells out. Plan ahead so you have lot of it for the gift closet. Who knows who will stop by. The endless flashlights are the best. Same with those $500 fake trees. One of those yummy holiday hams will become jerky sitting in the closet.

Respected Contributor

It's not going to change..the Q is in business to make money. If it didn't bring in a substantial amount of revenue for them, they wouldn't cater to it.  

One has to either accept it or move on...it's as simple as that!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
New Contributor

I tend to agree that  the Christmas shopping stuff does come  out to early, however,

those who have large families, or family members in other  countries may appreciate it.

I don't have any family so I just change the channel and if I do find I need something, I look online because I like QVC.

The malls are the same, some people start shopping very early because they feel the need. I don't need to but that is just me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As if all Christmas all the time wasn't bad enough there's the way they do Christmas.  The same tired array every year.  Year after year.  Middle of the road at best.  Pure junk at worst.  Over and over and then over again.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yup, it seems like Q is becoming the Christmas-winter wear shopping channel.  They always go all Christmasy in August, this year they started in July.  I don't watch much of Q on tv but now I'll watch even less until I'm ready to shop for fall.  It will give me a chance to re-aquaint myself with H s n.

Esteemed Contributor

I HATE that Christmas never ends with QVC - especially for me and others that have NO interest. A good reason that I never watch the Q anymore. If u want to buy Christmas presents - starting October/December - just go to Costco or Costco dot com. Everything is available at low prices and easily returnable if need be. I purchased several gifts on-line last year from L'Occitane dot com (beautiful products that smell great - at reasonable prices). There's no rush to buy junk from the Q. I remember the Q in the "olden" days - when the products were good and the prices affordable. Not anymore.