Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso and Jill Martin

[ Edited ]

Jill's Instagram page posted:

From the New York Post/Page Six section --"Designer Dennis Basso and QVC creative director Jill Martin are teaming up for the Dennis Basso and Jill Martin Show, which premiers on QVC Sept. 23 at 8pm."

Should be a lot of interesting high energy.  Hope to see truly new designs!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso and Jill Martin

Ugh.  Two of my LEAST favorite vendors.  Obviously I won't be tuning in.

Esteemed Contributor

Dennis Basso was always so funny with Joan Rivers.

Respected Contributor

I can't watch her. If you can, enjoy. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of the products they present so, I will not be watching!! 👎👎

Respected Contributor

Bringing in a person with no particular design credentials again? Sigh... I have a feeling that marketing pros have taken over QVC, just as they did with various publishing entities, radio, and retailers. Instead of recognizing and developing their own unique QVC talents and unique QVC vision to offer special products to us, QVC execs seem to continually seek out OTHER brands and/or supposed names with a "platform" from which to sell.  As we are seeing on air, that can take the focus off of developing unique products or having much of a true vision at all, and instead spending time and money on supposed "talent" to push products. That "marketing" discipline also means research on what HAS sold at QVC and what OTHER retailers HAVE sold, which means that decision-makers spend a lot of time, money, and effort looking backwards while planning future product offerings. Insanity. No wonder things look so same-o/same-o at the q and at department stores. No wonder I'm not watching or buying much anymore anywhere!

Honored Contributor

All I can ask is WHY... He and Joan Rivers were such fun together, but a pairing with Jill Martin brings absolutely nothing to the table... If they think pairing her with him is going to make her any more of a draw, well, good luck with that... And really, she's about as much of a 'creative director' as I am... Let's get real here... 'Spokesmodel' is more like it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Bringing in a person with no particular design credentials again? Sigh... I have a feeling that marketing pros have taken over QVC, just as they did with various publishing entities, radio, and retailers. Instead of recognizing and developing their own unique QVC talents and unique QVC vision to offer special products to us, QVC execs seem to continually seek out OTHER brands and/or supposed names with a "platform" from which to sell.  As we are seeing on air, that can take the focus off of developing unique products or having much of a true vision at all, and instead spending time and money on supposed "talent" to push products. That "marketing" discipline also means research on what HAS sold at QVC and what OTHER retailers HAVE sold, which means that decision-makers spend a lot of time, money, and effort looking backwards while planning future product offerings. Insanity. No wonder things look so same-o/same-o at the q and at department stores. No wonder I'm not watching or buying much anymore anywhere!

@libbyannE I'd give you ten stars for this, but unfortunately, they'd only let me give you one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE I'd give you ten stars for this, but unfortunately, they'd only let me give you one...

Well, gee, thank you! You made my day. The thing is, I really care about QVC, and I keep trying to figure out what's going wrong!