Respected Contributor

Re: Denim and Company will not be the same

@kaydee50 wrote:

I think the "real bodies" the OP was referring to was women of a certain age who do not have "bodies" like a 20 something. Since I assume most women who watch D&C are quite a bit older than 20!!  that's the "real bodies" I assume she was referring to. 

I rarely buy D&C anymore because of the prices.  I can find the same thing elsewhere for a much lower price point.

AND I wish posters would stop attacking/criticizine each other for their opinions!!!

@kaydee50    Thank you. I guess she is just having a bad day.

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 You seem to be picking for a fight.  I thought @Georgiagrama made a clear statement & it's her "opinion".

I happen to agree with OP.....................

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama @kaydee50 @fthunt Oh goodness gracious. This has become very silly ladies. I am not having a bad day if this is what you are referring to. I think I am of a "certain age" at 61 (oh dear, please forgive me if I am sounding like another host Smiley Happy), I work very hard to maintain a healthy body. For me, it sounded offensive to refer to people that fit in or wear D&C are real bodies, whereas others, not sure what you meant. It's really not that big of a deal. 

I agree wholeheartedly about your comments regarding the host leaving. It was the "real bodies" comment that seemed offensive. If I was referring to a line such as CCB, who seems to aspire to the petite smaller size, and I stated THAT was a real body, it would be offensive to many others as well. 

Perhaps your post was not meant as it sounded, you could just correct it and state you didn't mean it that way instead of insinuating a person wears tight clothing that doesn't care for the D&C line. Yes, move on. Not that big of a deal. I agree.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I think the "real bodies" the OP was referring to was women of a certain age who do not have "bodies" like a 20 something. Since I assume most women who watch D&C are quite a bit older than 20!!  that's the "real bodies" I assume she was referring to. 

I rarely buy D&C anymore because of the prices.  I can find the same thing elsewhere for a much lower price point.

AND I wish posters would stop attacking/criticizing each other for their opinions!!!

I wish the same thing.  Can't we all have opinions?  If you don't agree, state your opinion, too, just like the OP or simply ignore and pass on by.  No need to get snarky or nasty.

Frequent Contributor

I stopped watching the D&C shows last year and instead checked in online.  I got tired of the squirrels, and Carolyn's modeling exclaiming "don't I look great".  While I did not care for her, I did not wish her to be let go.  IMO there are many more hosts deserving to be shown the door.   

Respected Contributor

I don't get why certain people didn't like the squirrel "gimmick"...didn't hurt anyone.

How about the "wine" gimmick used by many hosts on other shows?

Everything's a gimmick...QVC is a gimmick and I agree, the younger demographic is not going to save the company.  My opinion and only my opinion since I am the one stating it.

Agree or disagree, okay with me. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

My opinion is that Denim & Co. will be better. I liked their Naturals line, but they seem to have stopped bringing new items for a couple of years.  I also like the beach pants.  

I was not a fan of Carolyn taking so much of the show's time to repeatedly style outfits that she personally found attractive.  Of course, everything khaki or beige, or color-coded.  I think we can all do that, no need for the tiresome bringing clothes back from previous presentations for every single item. 

Sometimes I felt so bad for Gary because she completely zoned him out while he was talking and trying to keep a conversation going about the actual item.  

Don't get me started on those silly squirrels.  She treated Denim & Co. like it was her personal brand, and she knew more than Gary.  I stopped watching whole shows because of all that.

I did watch Carolyn in her other shows, and I'm sorry when anyone loses a job.  She has a lovely voice, plenty of experience, and is still relatively young.  She will probably land something just as good or better for her.  

Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Let's be honest.  D & C clothing is geared for older women with real bodies. Whether you liked her or not, Carolyn was perfect as the saleswoman.  Her lifestyle seemed to lend itself well for the comfortable, cute clothing line. 

If QVC thinks the Canyon Retreat introduction with a younger host is going to increase sales with a younger more "hip" group - short of having Yellowstones Beth Dutton herself as the saleswoman, it's not going to work.  

@Georgiagrama Canyon Retreat looks like a slightly more edgy D&Co which is a joke in itself. The jeans featured on the promo pic, for example, look like they are ripped ever so slightly and precisely placed. If I want ripped jeans I want ripped jeans, not jeans I'm being reassured are "hip yet sensible" and will not continue to rip😂 

I always avoided Carolyn's clothing shows because I just don't relate to much about her, especially her style. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

I did not care for Carolyn, but then did not wish her to be let go either.   I just didn't watch her. 

I think D/C will be the same unless they chose someone who does not meld well with Gary.  While I am not a big Gary fan either, he needs to be shown more respect than Carolyn gave him.

That being said, I am waiting for the Original Waist pants that are supposed to be coming in April. 

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Let's be honest.  D & C clothing is geared for older women with real bodies. Whether you liked her or not, Carolyn was perfect as the saleswoman.  Her lifestyle seemed to lend itself well for the comfortable, cute clothing line. 

If QVC thinks the Canyon Retreat introduction with a younger host is going to increase sales with a younger more "hip" group - short of having Yellowstones Beth Dutton herself as the saleswoman, it's not going to work.  

@Georgiagrama Canyon Retreat looks like a slightly more edgy D&Co which is a joke in itself. The jeans featured on the promo pic, for example, look like they are ripped ever so slightly and precisely placed. If I want ripped jeans I want ripped jeans, not jeans I'm being reassured are "hip yet sensible" and will not continue to rip😂 

I always avoided Carolyn's clothing shows because I just don't relate to much about her, especially her style. 

@Love to Run   OMG -- I thought this same thing while watching Susan Graver's new ripped jeans on Pat's show this morning.  They are obvious, precisely ripped, in a vertical pattern.  Nothing about them says casual and on trend.  Exactly as you said, they looked "trying to be sensibly hip."

To look casually distressed (which is supposed ot be the entire point of the style), the rip is usually horizontal, as if you really ripped your jeans. At the very least, don't make it neat.