Frequent Contributor

I don't do returns often but have had a couple this year. The time to process them seems excessive. They arrive based on the tracking and a week later still no acknowledgement from the Q. Have others experienced this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Delays Processing Returns

[ Edited ]

I agree, but I find this to be the norm with a lot of mailed returns.  Upon checking my QVC account for an item I returned on 2/2, it was still not showing as returned.  I checked my tracking number and it showed that it was received at the location already but my account status did not reflect that.  So I called them and provided them with my tracking number and they said they didn't show it as received.  I said I know that, but it was received per the tracking status on 2/6.  Here it is six days later with no indication it was recieved. 

I shipped three items that same day.  Two other places I called today and they show the items as received but advised that it would take another 7-10 days before the refund would be issued.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

QVC was actually pretty timely this year with my holiday returns- but I didn't use their return label. That ALWAYS slows thing down!!! I ship on my own from usps, it's half the price and gets delivered to Q (free tracking's included!) in just a couple days. Win win!

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

QVC was actually pretty timely this year with my holiday returns- but I didn't use their return label. That ALWAYS slows thing down!!! I ship on my own from usps, it's half the price and gets delivered to Q (free tracking's included!) in just a couple days. Win win!

Esteemed Contributor

I only had one return in the last 2 months and it only took 2-3 days for my credit....I was lazy and used their label though....

Trusted Contributor

Please keep in mind that returns still require processing once received.  They have to be open, inspected, and then credited to an account or changed.  This takes time and can be delayed even further certain times of year such as at the end of the extended holiday return policy.

So many people here seem to think that the credits should occur as soon as the package is received.  That is not how it happens, and it is completely realistic.  There is no army of associates standing around to handle your package as soon as it arrives.  It tkes time.

My only return experience recently was a package I dropped off at the post office on Saturday, 6 February.  QVC had received it and credited by account only six days later.

Honored Contributor

It takes about three weeks for me to get credited for a return.  I always use the return label.  It's worth it to not stand in line at the post office.  Plus I've spot checked items over the years and the return label was in the ballpark of the cost for me to ship it myself.

Trusted Contributor

Received an e-mail from CS on February 1 saying they've processed my return on a jacket and refund was issued, but no credit to my bank so far. Usually it's a lot quicker.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004