Trusted Contributor

Re: DId the host just say this?

Oh, Kachina!  This is a big rant for me from the day she was hired. I watched Gabrielle at night when she was new, and ever since. She ALWAYS does that when using someone's name, and it still drives me insane. I believe she was taught incorrectly to do it, as all of her other English is proper, but for this one thing! I wish some English teacher would correct her!

Honored Contributor

Some are regional pronounciations,some just poor grammar.

Two I can think of : bagel and roof.

If my typing is bad I have just had surgery on my right hand and I am a little slow.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I used to be a Corporate Training Manager and the "grammar" I heard used by employees was quite astounding.

One year it was almost Christmas and our HR Director (who made about $200.000k in salary) was talking about favorite Christmas TV shows. She was talking about Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer and said her favorite part was when Rudolph meets the abdominal snowman That was her most bestest favorite, expexcially when they outsmart the abdominal. This was a company executive and I was left speechless. 

She wanted to know who I'd axed to classes one day; since she was attending too, she hoped that the others she'd be in class with could talk real good..

So I'm not surprised at all to hear hosts use poor grammar.

Trusted Contributor

What host would say that about gas and wetting themselves????

Honored Contributor

The "no problem" response really drives me crazy when I thank someone for something.  What happened to "you're welcome", or "my pleasure?"

IMO "no problem" is the correct response to someone who asks you if you are able to do something that might be difficult or an inconvenience.  For example, "Would you mind bringing my trash pails back up the driveway in the morning?  I'm going to be away." Appropriate response:  "Certainly, no problem!"