Esteemed Contributor

Cyber Monday's Top Retail Winners (guess who's not among them?)

From Huffington Post:

Ebay beat out Amazon for the top-selling retailer of the day, followed by Macy’s, Walmart, H&M, Target, Nordstrom, Kohl’s, Home Depot and Gap.

Don't see QVC anywhere...when you get beat by H&M and Gap???

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Cyber Monday's Top Retail Winners (guess who's not among them?)

I think because QVC did not offer a big Cyber Monday deal (or Black Friday deal).  The deals they offer were not that great!  Most of the top-selling retailers offer free shipping.  Target offered 15% off everything. Macy's offered extra 20% off most items. That is way I placed an big order with Target and Macy's this holiday season.

Respected Contributor

Well Amazon would have won if I had waited until Monday to do my cyber shopping..........I did all mine over the weekend!    Cat Tongue

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I bought something on Amazon on November 1 for my granddaughter.  Took a peek at it yesterday (Cyber Monday) and it was exactly $10 more than I paid for it on November 1.  Who knew I was such a savvy shopper?!?

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007

Exactly. H&M had 30% off, GAP had 50% off, and I think Kohl's had 20% off? All offered free shipping. What they lost in gross sales due to price cuts, they likely made up in volume. 

None of these companies is a large as QVC, and I'm betting QVC has better margins, too. No reason why they couldn't have stepped it up for the biggest shopping weekend of the year. 

I'm sure there will soon be a canned release touting how well they did this weekend...

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Macy's and Walmart could have won but the sites crashed and down for hours.

Honored Contributor

QVC had horrible programming all Friday....and no great buys on line.  I just do not get how QVC can never give a good deal and expect to have huge sales. I think they are going to tank and become a dinosaur.

Super Contributor

Q had a sad set of offerings for sure.

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to believe eBay beat out Amazon,  in fact,  I don't believe it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt that television shopping, with all their expensive overhead could beat any internet retailer on price and shipping combined. I don't think QVC is nimble enough to make big changes just to accomodate savvy shoppers. 

But that is pretty funny that H&M which sells fast fashion aimed at millenials and younger would sell more clothes on cyber Monday than QVC. For as cheap and ugly as some of H&M's clothes are, they do have the ability to tap into that young customer base, something that no TV shopping network has been able to do.