Contributor

Criteria for removing a post

I posted a blog yesterday about Shawn's behavior on her beauty show yesterday and it was removed. Why? It was an obervation and my opinion. What is the criteria for

removal? Wayne from Qvc did it so I would like an answer from him or anyone out there. If this message is removed I think my days here are numbered. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Criteria for removing a post

I've found that if you email social@qvc.com you will get an answer quickly. Whether or not you'll be satisfied with the answer is another matter!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@aie wrote:

I posted a blog yesterday about Shawn's behavior on her beauty show yesterday and it was removed. Why? It was an obervation and my opinion. What is the criteria for

removal? Wayne from Qvc did it so I would like an answer from him or anyone out there. If this message is removed I think my days here are numbered. 

I see that you are new and I don't know how many posts you read on here, but you cannot criticize a host in any way.  This is good because some people really get into bashing a host and that is uncalled for.  If that is the only reason you post (to comment on the hosts) then you might as well move on to another forum. 

Honored Contributor

Posts that are even slightly negative towards Shawn are removed very quickly.  Other hosts, it tends to take awhile longer.  And if it's Albany, they seem to let the negativity go on for ages.  So I'm not sure you'll be given a clear answer as to "why".  To me, it's differing criteria depending on the host.

Honored Contributor

You said unkind things about Shawn. Aka, you bashed the host. It's against community standards.
Valued Contributor

I noticed that a post was deleted because it "may become controversial" -- not that it is controversial or engenders controversy, just that it MAY be.

Who the heck are these omniscient moderators? They are reveling in their power. I can only hope for an end to them soon! So childish.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zita

You have 78 posts.

Come back and read your post again when you have about 3000 and we'll all have a good laugh together about it ;o)

In all seriousness, those of us who have been posting here since the earth was new can spot a thread title and subject matter that will go south immediately.

It's very easy to spot that which will become controversial.

#followthepopcorn

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I think it's very odd how some forums go down in smoke ie are removed with no tell tale signs and others - or at least one for sure that I know of - go on and on.

Shawn bashing gets pulled immediately.

That one on Albany a couple of days ago had no problem until one person totally bashed her.  I chimed in on the bashing and said it was totally uncalled for.  There were a few more posts (not sure if they were good or bad) but a Mod finally took it totally down.

I believe on Monday after Amy's show, there were great posts about how much at least some of us (including me) really enjoy Amy.  Then it went awry but people kept posting.  Then it said it was removed but not really b/c I still sawit was up and folks kept at it.  Don't know without going back my NICE post for Amy is still up or not.  Odd...

Then there are subjests/posts that I think are extremely offensive, a few of whick I've reported at offensive and to please remove the entire string.  One in particular did go by the wayside, others not so much.

So I don't get it here.  Perhaps it depends on who the Mod of the day is and how much that person gets offended by what we all have to say.

Honored Contributor

It used to be Lisa R, now it's Shawn K.

It all boils down to bullying in my book.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winkk wrote:

@aie wrote:

I see that you are new and I don't know how many posts you read on here, but you cannot criticize a host in any way.  This is good because some people really get into bashing a host and that is uncalled for.  If that is the only reason you post (to comment on the hosts) then you might as well move on to another forum. 

Yes, you can criticize certain hosts. There is one about Amy under Fashion with unkind and hurtful posts, but it is still going. Some are kind, but some  of the posts would be hurtful if Amy saw them.