Contributor

I purchased a few Isaac dresses and cardigans on Monday at some good clearance prices.  I looked at the items again today and the prices are higher, some significantly.  This seemed strange to me.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Is this a normal practice?  Was Monday a special clearance day?

Trusted Contributor

I do believe Monday was a 'special clearance day'.

Contributor

Ok...thanks !

Honored Contributor

I think monday was a fall fashion clearance day.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the 3 hour shoe clearance show earlier this week that was hosted by Alberti and Katie and all the shoes were on super clearance but some were only on sale for that day and some just until the end of July. These were all shoes that weren't going to be re-ordered either so it does not make sense to raise the prices if it's on clearance. But this is QVC where common sense sales prices don't exist like they do with real world retailers.

Contributor

Re: Clearance prices go up?

[ Edited ]

I bought a few things on the day of the clearance.  One was a Dmitry Shokolov little jacket with fringe sleeves.  I think I paid around $37.  I got it and absolutely love it.  I immediately went to qvc.com to buy the other color it came in because I liked it so much.  I was disappointed to find it priced at almost $70.  So, knowing that I paid $37 for the first one, I just can't bring myself to pay double that for another.  I guess I don't understand why Q would put things on clearance and then jack the prices back up the next day.  Seems weird but QVC is never big on sales like they did that Monday so I guess I should be thankful they did it for one day!

Honored Contributor

"Clearance" is the wrong word for it. To me, clearance refers to permanently-reduced items that need to be "cleared" out of inventory. Call it something else, so it's not misleading for the customer. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I agree, clearance is the wrong word for it.... but the Q has continually done this for many years.  Reduce an item greatly and advertise that it will go back up to the regular sale price/regular price once the clearance is over.... it's a mistaken way to conduct a sale in order to get customers fired up about buying it right now!!  But some of us don't even see the clearance sale, don't know it was presented another $20 off and missed the whole thing....

Put it on clearance and let the clearance price carry the item right out of stock until it's gone!!..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I also noticed a ton of items I was looking at went up in price.  I agree that they shouldn't call that Clearance.  Why not just call them One Day Only's if the price is only going to be that much less for just one day?

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

"Clearance" is the wrong word for it. To me, clearance refers to permanently-reduced items that need to be "cleared" out of inventory. Call it something else, so it's not misleading for the customer. 

I totally agree!