Trusted Contributor

Why does QVC keep doing this... they show a Clearance Price and then the next day it's back to a higher "Sale Price."   Isn't Clearance... clearance?

At least HSN will give you a warning that the item returns to a higher price in such and such days.  Thought QVC & HSN were one entity now.  So confusing that they can't have the same rules.

I was going to buy the item at Clearance today, but it went up.   If I go into the mall and an item is Clearance, it's that price or gets lower... not higher.

They are losing sales, not gaining them with these tactics.

Trusted Contributor

It certainly BUGS me...and I will never purchase if the price has gone up. 

I know that other retailers do this, blah, blah, blah.  I'm just saying that I will not play the game here!

Honored Contributor

Some day maybe QVC and HSN will be one company, but now they are 2 companies within one larger company.

As for why they call something clearance and than raise the price, I don't care why, but because that happens frequently if I see a price I like for something I want, I buy it. For the few times the price goes down within 30 days, I know I have recourse.

Respected Contributor

I've grown immune to it since it happens on so many shopping sites I go to, so it's not something unique to QVC. 

If it's not something I need, but just want, I'll play the waiting game until the price/shipping is at a sweet spot I'm willing to pay. If that never happens, then it wasn't meant to be.

Trusted Contributor

QVC NEVER used to do this.  Guess they no longer want to set themselves apart from the rest of the pack!

Trusted Contributor

I do the exact same thing as @Etoile308 . Once the price hits my "sweet spot" then I purchase it with no regrets. I don't believe I've ever paid full price for any item on QVC. I wait for reviews and go from there. 

It's much easier to check prices for online retailers on a daily basis, and hourly at times, to see price changes. I don't know anyone that goes to a brick and mortar store every day to check the prices of items. 

Super Contributor

Clearance prices should stay clearance or go even lower.....I've even seen their 'Blowout Clearance" pricing.....What is it that QVC says about 'clearance' items:  "Once they're gone, they're gone".  

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I've grown immune to it since it happens on so many shopping sites I go to, so it's not something unique to QVC. 

If it's not something I need, but just want, I'll play the waiting game until the price/shipping is at a sweet spot I'm willing to pay. If that never happens, then it wasn't meant to be.

@Etoile308 

Exactly!

Amz changes prices sometimes in the same day!  They will NEVER give you a 30 day price guarantee like QVC does.

It could go lower 10 mins after you click...Amz says tough luck sucker.

Trusted Contributor

I just noticed this on an item I had been comtemplating.

Laurie Felt had a clearance show on a few days ago.  We were told that they were getting rid of old inventory to make room for new.  The top I was looking at was around $37 at a clearance price.  I went to buy it this morning and it went up to $60!  I really don't understand how they could do that. 

If something is marked at "clearance," then it should either stay that way or go lower.  It's now selling for the price it was originally (something I would never pay for that particular top).  QVC lost my sale for now, but I guess it's my fault for waiting.  I just never thought it would go back up to the original price overnight.  Oh well.

Trusted Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I just noticed this on an item I had been comtemplating.

Laurie Felt had a clearance show on a few days ago.  We were told that they were getting rid of old inventory to make room for new.  The top I was looking at was around $37 at a clearance price.  I went to buy it this morning and it went up to $60!  I really don't understand how they could do that. 

If something is marked at "clearance," then it should either stay that way or go lower.  It's now selling for the price it was originally (something I would never pay for that particular top).  QVC lost my sale for now, but I guess it's my fault for waiting.  I just never thought it would go back up to the original price overnight.  Oh well.

@Grade1Teach 

You're spot on.   It is senseless and they lose sales doing it.  Sometimes, I am waiting for my next paycheck.   I have to laugh, if it isn't selling out at clearance, do they hope to unload it at $60?  Not very smart.