Valued Contributor

Re: Beach Week on QVC -- Live from the Jersey Shore

[ Edited ]

Hmmm...I wonder if they will be selling fall and winter clothing tooSmiley LOL @Spurt was on point with her comments. Unfortunately Wildwood, NJ will not be as hot as south Florida tomorrow! Gary and QVC would do well to recognize the many people who live in warmer climates and not give us the short shrift that they do. 

On the other hand I am enjoying watching QVC Japan on YouTube. I can't understand a word they are saying but it is interesting to see the type of products sold, set designs, different clothing such as traditional kimonos and sportswear, etc. Even the methods of presenting can be quite entertaining...from a woman modeling a bra over her sweater and hosts using a plastic hand on a pointer to highlight items in charts. If people here are annoyed about the time spent on product demonstrations, this channel goes overboard. A few days ago they spent the better part of the day on one  cosmetic cream. Fast forward and back is oh so helpful!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Georgiagrama   I was wondering about QVC's post stating, "at our QVC Beach House in Wildwood, NJ."  Did QVC buy a beach house?  Why?   Or, are they using a host's beach house and loosely calling it "our?" 

@Caaareful Shopper   Yes, interesting isn't it.  I'm betting on using a house owned by one of the host.  If QVC wanted to come decorate my house for Christmas, they could use it for free anytime. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper    Someone suggested this might happen but do you suppose they'll really have a Christmas tree on the beach? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a strong dislike for the beach and anything oceanic.  When can we have mountain week? 

@Kachina624 The only person that I knew who didn't like the beach was my mother who lived in Florida for 28 years. 

The only time she was on the beach in all that time was several years ago my brother and I took her and went to check out the beach for just a few minutes after attending a craft show in Delray Beach.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   It's truly a mystery to me.

Since Beach Week begins tomorrow, and Jane definitely said she's hosting from the beach, I looked at tomorrow's Program Guide online.  The TSV is Estee Lauder. 

According to the Program Guide, Jane is co-hosting an Estee Lauder show with Mary Beth Roe tomorrow.  Jane is also co-hosting her Shoe Shopping with Jane show with Shawn tomorrow.  What?  Then Shawn follows up with her own Estee Lauder show.  Are they all at the beach? 

Funny. 

Honored Contributor

More from QVC's Facebook page.  They posted this morning:

"Grab your sunscreen, because we're heading to the beach! 🌊 Just as Candace Cameron Bure said, join us for some fun in the sun from 7/20-7/25 for our QVC Beach Week! 🌴🌞 A few of our friends will be joining us at our QVC Beach House in Wildwood, NJ, so be sure to tune in for special live broadcasts on QVC and QVC2, featuring QVC's Biggest Ever Christmas in July Sale, Black Friday in July & a summer celebration like no other! #QVCBeachWeek"

Wildwood!..Yuck!  I would have preferred Cape May (love!), Stone Harbor or Avalon which is right next to Wildwood.
Respected Contributor

The Wildwood Crest and Wildwood Beaches in NJ are very nice--large, popular and FREE.  There is also a fun and busy Boardwalk.  It is probably less than two hours and a half from the QVC studio.

I will take a day at the beach any day over a day in the mountains, but I do like the mountains as well.  Yes, I am more of a sun goddess.

Of couse, my favorite beaches are in Bermuda, RIviera Maya and Greece---warm, crystal clear water, gentle waves, and very, very soft sand.

However, I am too busy having fun this summer to sit and watch QVC selling from the beach!

I hope they have a great time--but I sure miss those lovely villas in Italy used for all the gold shows.

Respected Contributor

Tune in and watch Jane, "Betty Boop at the Beach Blanket Bingo".  It's probably at her house at the beach and she will make sure and announce that fact every five minutes, lol.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Wildwood is a great family beach town in So NJ, we always took our kids there years ago. Beach, boardwalk, amusement rides, perfect  !!!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

More from QVC's Facebook page.  They posted this morning:

"Grab your sunscreen, because we're heading to the beach! 🌊 Just as Candace Cameron Bure said, join us for some fun in the sun from 7/20-7/25 for our QVC Beach Week! 🌴🌞 A few of our friends will be joining us at our QVC Beach House in Wildwood, NJ, so be sure to tune in for special live broadcasts on QVC and QVC2, featuring QVC's Biggest Ever Christmas in July Sale, Black Friday in July & a summer celebration like no other! #QVCBeachWeek"

Wildwood!..Yuck!  I would have preferred Cape May (love!), Stone Harbor or Avalon which is right next to Wildwood.

Or lbi