Honored Contributor

Beach Week on QVC -- Live from the Jersey Shore

So this week is Beach Week on QVC.  I don't know exactly what is scheduled all week Smiley Very Happy.  But....

Gary Goben of Denim & Company said he's presenting Live from the beach (the New Jersey shore) tomorrow from 10 AM to Noon.

Jane Treacy said she is presenting Live from the beach this week also; I think her Shoe Shopping with Jane show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beach Week on QVC -- Live from the Jersey Shore

I wonder which beach town they will be broadcasting from?  Sounds interesting!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As long as they don't have a Christmas tree up on the beach. 😎🎄

Honored Contributor

I have a strong dislike for the beach and anything oceanic.  When can we have mountain week? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

So this week is Beach Week on QVC.  I don't know exactly what is scheduled all week Smiley Very Happy.  But....

Gary Goben of Denim & Company said he's presenting Live from the beach (the New Jersey shore) tomorrow from 10 AM to Noon.

Jane Treacy said she is presenting Live from the beach this week also; I think her Shoe Shopping with Jane show.

@Caaareful Shopper 

I guess the Jersey Shore is a lot closer and CHEAPER than what QVC used to do---Remember all the jaunts to LA for QVC's own "red carpet show", then David journeyed to Colorado only to show the same ole kitchen items, then the excursion to NY for fashion week, but QVC didnt participate in the real thing, instead they used a sound stage with cardboard mock ups of NYC...🙄 So the trip to the shore will be interesting....

What I hope for in these beach shows is that its a real HOT day and the models and hosts and vendors continue to wear what they try to tell us customers to wear and LAYER ON THE CLOTHES. Perhaps it will help them to understand exactly what those of us that live in hotter parts of the U.S. deal with. Many of us have been trying to explain to Gary and other QVC designers what we go through and what we wear!!! We dont layer when its unbearbly hot and humid!!!---Our usual attire is ---sun dresses, capris, shorts, t-shirts, tanks and sleeveless tops. As for air conditioning--today its more about energy conservation and "energy action days". The utility companies ask retailers, businesses, and individuals to turn their thermostats near 80 to conserve power and prevent outages, so the A/C isnt that cold at all.... What we are hoping for is a bit more variety and consideration when it comes to styles..and not just what happens weather wise in Chester, PA and the North and Northeast ............. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a strong dislike for the beach and anything oceanic.  When can we have mountain week? 

@Kachina624  Maybe this fall they can broadcast from the Pocono Mountains.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Im not a beach person either.... When I think of the beach I think of sun burn (even with sun screen), jelly fish stings, the smell of dead fish on the beach, and sand in any and everything that you have to clean up after you get home....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Im not a beach person either.... When I think of the beach I think of sun burn (even with sun screen), jelly fish stings, the smell of dead fish on the beach, and sand in any and everything that you have to clean up after you get home....

@Spurt    Exactly!  And don't forget whales and all other fish poop in the ocean. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   Totally agree with you....