Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have their credit line lowered?

I had a Kohls card, good standing. I went to use my card last year and could not.  They closed my card because I was not using it.  My response was so if you are not in debt you guys close the card?  So I thought it would be a simple process to reinstate the card but nooooo I had to reapply.  Are you kidding lol.  Needless to say I did not apply necause I did not ask them to close it in the first place. 

Valued Contributor

to me there is no reason to have a Q card.  No rewards!  (EZ pay doesn't count...if I can't afford the item, still paying for it months down the road doesn't help me afford it).

Other credit cards offer things like a % cash/credit back, free shipping, extra coupons, etc.  With the Q there is just EZ pay.  no way, I will just use my discover card that has rewards and has an interest rate half that of the Q (if I did need to carry a balance).

Respected Contributor

I noticed years ago that QVC's card had high interest. It is off putting.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I never understand why people have store credit cards. The interest rates tend to normally be outrageous.

And very few, if any, rewards. I don't understand it either.

To answer the OP's question- no, never in my life have I had my credit line lowered, even on a card I rarely use. I've never even heard of credit cards doing that. I would have thought that if you were doing something to the point that they'd want to lower it, they'd just cancel your card altogether.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I had a Kohls card, good standing. I went to use my card last year and could not.  They closed my card because I was not using it.  My response was so if you are not in debt you guys close the card?  So I thought it would be a simple process to reinstate the card but nooooo I had to reapply.  Are you kidding lol.  Needless to say I did not apply necause I did not ask them to close it in the first place. 

Same experience with Kohl's and also with Pier One. I got a new card with Kohl's, which now too has probably been closed due to inactivity. Every time I go to Pier One they try to get me to open a new card. I always mention that maybe they shouldn't have closed out the last one, and then decline their offer for a new one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...

yep, they just cut mine in half. That was the kick in the pants I needed to not ever shop QVC again.

Respected Contributor

LOL, I got a notice last month that my Mother's credit card was going to be cancelled if she didn't use it.  She died 4 years ago and I closed out all of her bank accounts.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

As far as I know the QCard people have not cut back the amount of my line of credit. I always pay my monthly balance in full, but regardless I'm not happy about the high interest rate. I have been using a card for Q purchases lately that has an interest rate that is a fraction of the QCard and gives cash back also. I know the banks like to make money on people who carry a balance, but this interest rate is criminal.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the Q's card.  I do have a Home Depot card that was lowered because I didn't use it as often as they would have liked.  As a matter of fact, I received a letter telling me that if I didn't use it by a given date they would lower the credit limit.  I figured go ahead, lower it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I have never had a cards credit limit lowered but then I no longer have a store card.  I just use a major card that offers rewards.